Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Banter

George BM

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

100% on this. Oct 1 for Halloween, Nov 1 for Thanksgiving, Dec 1 for Christmas 

We used to wait till after December 13th to put up Christmas stuff. The older Miss J's birthday is that day and right after she was born I told Mr. J that I did not want her birthday and Christmas to be lumped together. She has since decided that she likes putting stuff up early and Dec 1st is generally the time frame. 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

For anyone interested in NFL pickem pay league please see the following link. We have done it for 3-years but skipped last year due to COVID. The annual free league is also back and please check out the sports side and the thread for that if interested:

I know a few from the sub do it every year. I mentioned in the main thread in Sports Zone, I will be joining the ruckus as well. Someone has to beat @H2O and bring down his ego :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, H2O said:

What depths of the internet are on your browser history? :yikes: 

Flora and fauna. Mostly. ;) 

3 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

We used to wait till after December 13th to put up Christmas stuff. The older Miss J's birthday is that day and right after she was born I told Mr. J that I did not want her birthday and Christmas to be lumped together. She has since decided that she likes putting stuff up early and Dec 1st is generally the time frame. 

Youngest has a 12/11 bd. Riding the same boat. :) 

16 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Someone has to beat @H2O and bring down his ego :P

He's retired now, gl! Has nothing better to do than watch his phone for the best matchups.

Hell, he even invited me over for dinner tonight. To eat at 3 pm. Old people. :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, H2O said:

3pm is the best. You get the tail end of lunch menu before dinner menu. And then happy hour apps. You can’t lose!!

And those of us in the industry seriously thank you for camping at our tables and your 15% tip. Pretax. And minus bev service. Bless your soul.

3 minutes ago, FXW176 said:

And those of us in the industry seriously thank you for camping at our tables and your 15% tip. Pretax. And minus bev service. Bless your soul.

The 200% markup for bottom rail booze makes me go for the 48oz Miller Lite for $4

1 minute ago, H2O said:

The 200% markup for bottom rail booze makes me go for the 48oz Miller Lite for $4

Drink better shìt, ya moron. Gotta make the margins.

Not that there is anything wrong with ML.

Now ketchup on the other hand…

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

I was just goofing around looking at Accuweather's monthly forecast for my area, and after a high of 90 and 92 this Sunday and Monday, there is exactly one more day of 90+ forecasted through the end of August.  So three days of 90+ days for all of June, July, and August.  Two coming up, one in July, and none in August. :wacko:

I'll take the over.

A quick count makes today the 44th 90+ day for me, so their algorithm was very close. 

And more good news is that the monthly forecast for September has my hood making it to 81 on the first, and not a single 80 or above day after that.  Book it!

Ryan reeves put out a response to the Tom Wilson and rangers Incident this past season and how he would have responded to it…..long story short reeves it’s such a mediocre player compared to Tom Wilson it’s not even funny. I can’t stand the fact he thinks his play on the ice is even decent….

50 minutes ago, mappy said:

The Os making a big deal out of their first win in 20 games is hilarious to me. What a god awful baseball team. 

They really have gone into the toilet more and more. It sucks because the ballpark is still one of nicest in all baseball. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

They really have gone into the toilet more and more. It sucks because the ballpark is still one of nicest in all baseball. 

Yes....on to the next losing streak!

I heard some stats on how inept their pitching is.  It's because the don't pay for pitchers.  THe average MLD team spends 25-30 million on pitching, which is 1/4 of their salary base. 

The orioles spend just under 8 million....which is 1/8 of their salary base.  You need pitching, especially at Camden Yards.  The sad thing is that none of the good pitchers want to pitch there because it is a hitter's park.

23 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Yes....on to the next losing streak!

I heard some stats on how inept their pitching is.  It's because the don't pay for pitchers.  THe average MLD team spends 25-30 million on pitching, which is 1/4 of their salary base. 

The orioles spend just under 8 million....which is 1/8 of their salary base.  You need pitching, especially at Camden Yards.  The sad thing is that none of the good pitchers want to pitch there because it is a hitter's park.

They shouldn't be paying for pitchers in a rebuild... Next year should start to see an huge improvement or they are in real trouble.

• mappy unpinned this topic