• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Banter

George BM

Just saw the tale end of the orioles HOF inductees ceremony. 

Really miss watching JJ Hardy play.

Not a coincidence that winning baseball in Baltimore returned after acquiring Hardy in a trade.

Winning teams are strong up the middle. 

Having Wieters, JJ and Jones up the middle in their prime provided strong defense and leadership.

• Like 1

Was catching lunkers last night. I realize if you haven’t had this same level of success the typical reaction may be one of jealousy, rage, questioning your shitty fishing abilities, etc. try not to be too hard on yourself. 20+ years of practice, know how , etc got me to this point.

Snapchat-1657603572.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Was catching lunkers last night. I realize if you haven’t had this same level of success the typical reaction may be one of jealousy, rage, questioning your shitty fishing abilities, etc. try not to be too hard on yourself. 20+ years of practice, know how , etc got me to this point.

Snapchat-1657603572.jpg

The only thing I hooked this week in New Hampshire was my finger. Through the edge and under a nail. Still makes me queasy thinking about using the pliers to remove it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

49 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Snapchat-1657603572.jpg

She's a beaut!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The only thing I hooked this week in New Hampshire was my finger. Through the edge and under a nail. Still makes me queasy thinking about using the pliers to remove it.

That sounds just awful.  Hope you were heavily sedated to fend of the effects.  (IPA or similar...).  Reminds me of the time my brother shagged me in my back when casting.  Thankfully he had the drag set low on a spinner reel and it didn't dig in too deep.  Although that didn't help much at the time.  

Love the "lunker" snowfan caught.  The mouth on that bass is about as big as the fish.  

4 hours ago, snowfan said:

That sounds so painful.

4 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Super ouch!

2 hours ago, RDM said:

That sounds just awful.  Hope you were heavily sedated to fend of the effects.  (IPA or similar...).  Reminds me of the time my brother shagged me in my back when casting.  Thankfully he had the drag set low on a spinner reel and it didn't dig in too deep.  Although that didn't help much at the time.  

Love the "lunker" snowfan caught.  The mouth on that bass is about as big as the fish.  

It was everything you can imagine. Like an idiot I left a whopper plopper rigged in the back of the truck. Later, I was moving camping gear, didn’t notice the rod bending and enough slack that the lure came off the rod eye, then, snap! Whatever was bending the rod gave way and the rod straightened. The hook set so fast that I didn’t stand a chance. Worst of all was that my finger kept the rod from completely going slack so the hook had a lot of tension. My gf and buddy saw it happen and of the three of us, I’m not sure who had the worst expression. My gf got the pliers for me, I cut the line, and thought I’d have to push the hook through. But it was so far under my nail that all I could do was grab the hook and twist it out.

Surprisingly, as much at it hurt initially, it’s not bad at all now. Thank goodness my gf knows I’m an idiot and had packed neosporin!

32 minutes ago, nj2va said:

The first local district is back to school tomorrow (Stafford County) with most of the other NoVA districts starting on the 23rd - first sign of fall (besides the countless pumpkin beer and fall decor in stores).  

The Miss J's first day back is next Wednesday Aug 18th. Got the 2 S's, Senior and Sophomore. The Senior already has Senioriotis. :blahblah:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It was everything you can imagine. Like an idiot I left a whopper plopper rigged in the back of the truck. Later, I was moving camping gear, didn’t notice the rod bending and enough slack that the lure came off the rod eye, then, snap! Whatever was bending the rod gave way and the rod straightened. The hook set so fast that I didn’t stand a chance. Worst of all was that my finger kept the rod from completely going slack so the hook had a lot of tension. My gf and buddy saw it happen and of the three of us, I’m not sure who had the worst expression. My gf got the pliers for me, I cut the line, and thought I’d have to push the hook through. But it was so far under my nail that all I could do was grab the hook and twist it out.

Surprisingly, as much at it hurt initially, it’s not bad at all now. Thank goodness my gf knows I’m an idiot and had packed neosporin!

Oh my... - your explanation with the tension on the rod really drove the point home (no pun intended - well... sort of).   Look on the bright side relative to the idea your gf "knows I'm an idiot"...   At least you got that part of the relationship behind you already.  All of us men are cursed with having the Y chromosome...  haha.  Thus, it's a forgone conclusion by those without the Y (all women) that all men are idiots.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic