Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Banter

George BM

7 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

our male cat caught a bird while he was on the deck (just casually reached up and grabbed a sparrow that had alit on the railing). he put it in his mouth and excitedly brought it inside to me, ugh. i got him to drop it and when i picked it up, it was unharmed. he never put his teeth in it. 

F05A50A8-2C43-43AD-8653-B0247172F00A.jpeg

it's kind of crazy that the prey drive stops short after catching the animal

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

I've got two dogs--the border collie/lab mix and then some yellow dog...the yellow one came to the back door the other night with a baby rabbit hanging out of its mouth...i was sure the rabbit was dead so i put on some gloves and got a plastic bag and went out onto the deck to dispose of it...yellow dog looked so proud and when i told him to drop it he did and just sat there wagging his tail...i picked up the rabbit and it didn't move and its eyes were closed but it was still breathing...i held it for a bit more and then it kicked its back legs a little so i went and put it under our woodpile to see if it may be OK...checked it about 10 minutes later and it had buried itself into some dead leaves and it was gone the next morning so i guess it was just tharn or whatever...can't believe yellow dog didn't injure it too much...we have a guinea pig that he likes to play with so maybe that had something to do with it? 

edit: that's them below

Cute dogs!! And maybe, yes? If he's gentle with the guinea pig, then maybe viewed the baby rabbit the same way. Good on you to see it was still alive before it died a long death in a bag hahaha

Our youngest so far has racked up three kills; two birds and groundhog. The last bird he came to the backdoor with just bird feet sticking out of his mouth. Looking proud as could be. We know we have blackbird nests in some of our evergreens, and it was a baby bird, so we think it fell out of the nest and the dog found it. The adult birds dived bombed him for days whenever he got close :lol: 

• Haha 1

Drinking a SOBO DIPA from Monument City. This is very good and exactly what I expect for this style of beer.

I have had some mediocre/bland NE style 'juicy' IPAs this summer, and I was thinking I had lost the taste for them. Probably too many out there now and a lot just aren't very good. I also think they need to be consumed fresh- they don't age well. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drinking a SOBO DIPA from Monument City. This is very good and exactly what I expect for this style of beer.

I have had some mediocre/bland NE style 'juicy' IPAs this summer, and I was thinking I had lost the taste for them. Probably too many out there now and a lot just aren't very good. I also think they need to be consumed fresh- they don't age well. 

I’m drinking a Gunner’s Daughter Milk Stout from Mast Landing from nearby Portland, Maine.

Also did an awesome hike along the Franconia Ridge yesterday. So amazing.

• Like 3

Soil moisture is so high down here! Dewpoint is 81 degrees, but ambient temp is only 82!!!! Average high is 99. We got another third of an inch yesterday. That brings us to 4.5 inches just this month! Just wow wow wow wow! My tomato plant is growing vines all over and the watermelon vine is getting all over the place!

This much rain most of the spring and all summer is definitely very very abnormal for us. The lawn is emerald green. It should be brown and dusty.

Dewpoint is 81 degrees, I think this would be a very good time for a jebwalk!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I got a summer cold, which I don’t think has ever happened before. Getting better though.

Hope you feel much better soon! Hit the vitamin C, D and A. Drink as much water as you can and have chicken soup as hot as you can stand it with as much pepper as you can stand. Get lots of rest. It'll go away fast. Drink a lot of orange juice too.

amazing, three months ago i stop by and everyone here is talking about all the different fancy beers and liquors they're getting into, i come back today and you guys are still drinking.  i bet none of you have been sober this entire time.

anyway go Orioles i hope we win the world series this year

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

amazing, three months ago i stop by and everyone here is talking about all the different fancy beers and liquors they're getting into, i come back today and you guys are still drinking.  i bet none of you have been sober this entire time.

We might be drinking, but what you smokin' wit dat shit?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

Move away from the light …

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

Bummer. Mine just kill wildlife :lol:

My Jack Russells were far better killers than any of the cats.  I had a Siberian Husky that was a super ratter.  She would dig down DEEP to get them, overturn wheel barrows, you name it!

I have one cat (all three are rescues) that climbs up trees to go for bird nests.   He's a strange one as he'll climb back down or if scared jump and grab on limbs on the way down!  All my cats are indoor cats but he gets out sometimes and returns when he's had enough.  (Usually within 2 hours, far sooner if a storm sneaks up, thunder freaks him out LOL.)

The BC/Lab mix has lots of BC.  Definitely got your hands full there!

Last time Orioles won the series was 1983, the golden Earl Weaver years when Oriole Magic meant something.  Rick Dempsy, Eddie Murray, Lee May, and who was it Dan Ford that hit a homer in the parking lot?  Haven't been following baseball for decades but I remember the National Bohemian sign with those xenon strobes that would fire when the O's got a homer.  The Memorial Stadium days RIP.

Drinking a Climbing Mountains Rocky Road Brown Ale from Black Flag.

Never been a big brown ale fan, but this is interesting. Notes are all easy to detect on smell and taste- dark chocolate, almond, and dark fruit- mostly black cherry. Not bad. As with most brown ales, too carbonated and a tad thin for my liking.

Abv is respectable at 7.3%. B)

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic