• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

idk...this seems like a fairly abrupt "end" to me. We'll still pull 80s or even 90F like we do every September. But it has felt like weeks of 15-20C 850s that are getting replaced with predominantly 7-13C stretches. Brief 1-2 day mild ups and then right back into seasonably cool temps.

Once we get to mid September it's a much sharper drop downhill so that's when I'll start cheering on above normal temps again and start bitching about missing summer. :lol:

I guess it's entirely subjective anyway but ... for what it's not worth anyone, that bold range there ..particualrly the top side, is above normal summery air most afternoons prior .... circa the 21st sun.  But whatever -

I think of abrupt ends as lower DPs and 'smells like frost' at 10pm even though it's still 50 - ha.  

Maybe it's CC ... like, this is the new "smells like frost" ...  I mean July had a week that averaged -10 or something too - another way to look at how silly the discussion is to even engage. LOL

There's also an elephant in the room that many just don't like summer, never did, don't want it.  So their leaning on it such that the first indication of anything at all puts them in Thanks Giving mode.   That's dicky sarcasm in general -

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I guess it's entirely subjective anyway but ... for what it's not worth anyone, that bold range there ..particualrly the top side, is above normal summery air most afternoons prior .... circa the 21st sun.  But whatever -

I think of abrupt ends as lower DPs and 'smells like frost' at 10pm even though it's still 50 - ha.  

Maybe it's CC ... like, this is the new "smells like frost" ...  I mean July had a week that averaged -10 or something too - another way to look at how silly the discussion is to even engage. LOL

There's also an elephant in the room that many just don't like summer, never did, don't want it.  So their leaning on it such that the first indication of anything at all puts them in Thanks Giving mode.   That's dicky sarcasm in general -

Speaking for only myself I love summer. When I eventually retire it’ll be to a warm climate with lots of storms in the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We’re just not following these forecasts here that cold fall weather is starting later this week and locking in. Who expects dews in the 70’s to last thru October? We had that all summer from June to Aug, but as September hits you lose the days and days of dews. It certainly doesn’t look cold at all to my eyes over the few weeks. Just normal late summer weather with warm days and mild nights 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

idk...this seems like a fairly abrupt "end" to me. We'll still pull 80s or even 90F like we do every September. But it has felt like weeks of 15-20C 850s that are getting replaced with predominantly 7-13C stretches. Brief 1-2 day mild ups and then right back into seasonably cool temps.

Once we get to mid September it's a much sharper drop downhill so that's when I'll start cheering on above normal temps again and start bitching about missing summer. :lol:

download (4).png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

Why are we trying to slow down the arrival of the best sensible weather that New England gets?

Definitely a group who hates the bookend seasons and finds that beautiful sunny cobalt blue sky 70 degrees with nights in the 40s and 50s boring or something.

They want to go straight from winter to summer and vice versa.  Always holding onto the warm season but then flip to try and rush the cold season in.  Skipping the months of nice boring weather in between. Like the thought of 72/43 and sunshine is just dreadful lol.

4 hours ago, Brewbeer said:

Why are we trying to slow down the arrival of the best sensible weather that New England gets?

The 10C response ...   some of us are middle age and at this point sense less time ahead than behind, and don't wanna wish the time away by rushing the next chapter of anything existential    ha -  

Embrace the moment, you only get ~ 41,000,000 of them.  

And autumn will get here ... just as assuredly as one day you will die

41 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Today's showers and thunderstorms were a miss here.   .01" just enough to wet the ground.  August will end with 1.58".  No rain the first half of the month.  The remains of Ida look like a close miss and then really nothing.  So a pretty substantial dry period!!

Wow you only had 1.58” water in August?!

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Today's showers and thunderstorms were a miss here.   .01" just enough to wet the ground.  August will end with 1.58".  No rain the first half of the month.  The remains of Ida look like a close miss and then really nothing.  So a pretty substantial dry period!!

I would love to see a New England map for August total rainfall, you saw a 7-10 split