• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wasn’t the lawn outside the window that you had the AC in mainly weeds?

It was at the time a mix. That part of my lawn is actually gonna be converted to a bark mulch rock garden so I’m not terribly concerned about it. having said that… mowing traffic over the course of the summer, the weeds died and the grass came back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summer has to end .. just a matter of when.   Some years it seems to end on a definitive cold front.  Other years .. it's a smear.   I think this year may be the latter?

It seems based upon the 'music' of the ens means and the operational et al., like it will seem like that, but then we'll have too many 80+ days over 60+ DPs to really feel like we've let it go.  Personally, I'd like a full sun 74/48 F'er afternoon.  Not quite deep autumn ... but the mild air feels fragile.  I don't see that anywhere right now....even after the front.  Still putting up T1s of 24 C is a warmish 2-meter.  

So perhaps it is kind of a 'bent over backward' before finally giving in, type of year.  

idk...this seems like a fairly abrupt "end" to me. We'll still pull 80s or even 90F like we do every September. But it has felt like weeks of 15-20C 850s that are getting replaced with predominantly 7-13C stretches. Brief 1-2 day mild ups and then right back into seasonably cool temps.

Once we get to mid September it's a much sharper drop downhill so that's when I'll start cheering on above normal temps again and start bitching about missing summer. :lol:

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, dendrite said:

I appreciate the out-of-staters since without the lake and their $$$ my region would be a desolate wasteland. But around this time of year I start looking forward to the reduced traffic on 93 on Fridays/Sundays.

Same with the lakes region up here, But yeah, Personally, I love there money,  Most of my company's contracts are with MA Cities/Towns, Just stay off the water while i'm fishing.......lol

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

idk...this seems like a fairly abrupt "end" to me. We'll still pull 80s or even 90F like we do every September. But it has felt like weeks of 15-20C 850s that are getting replaced with predominantly 7-13C stretches. Brief 1-2 day mild ups and then right back into seasonably cool temps.

Once we get to mid September it's a much sharper drop downhill so that's when I'll start cheering on above normal temps again and start bitching about missing summer. :lol:

Straight to hell with this summer. Wet and muggy. Ready for some nice weather and some football (even though it’ll be Cam chucking the ball into the ground)

• Like 2