• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

12 hours ago, dryslot said:

Had a guy come over to check mine out as he is a connoisseur of shrooms, He said i had some edible ones but they had just gone by........lol

We used to get large puffballs in our Gardiner lawn.  Get them while the centers are sill creamy white and they're delicious.  (One hint of tan - out they go!)

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Surrounded by trees,eastern exposure roof , on the side of a hill where the sun doesn't hit until 1000am and is behind the trees by 5pm solar was a no go for me. It is what it is.

Similar situation here, morning sun only thanks to 70' trees most sides.  Not sure how the panels would perform given our pack retention spot - do they shed snow naturally?

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We used to get large puffballs in our Gardiner lawn.  Get them while the centers are sill creamy white and they're delicious.  (One hint of tan - out they go!)

I don't know enough about them that i'm buying them from the store, Not taking any chances of consuming the wrong ones.

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm only two months in, but same deal here. Panel payment replaces electric bill. We had switched to heat pumps at the same time so we never really had to suffer the high electric bill. 

What kind of heat pump system do you have? I am looking to covert from oil to a heat pump system. I am concerned about the coldest winter periods being too cold for the heating system's efficiency.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

What kind of heat pump system do you have? I am looking to covert from oil to a heat pump system. I am concerned about the coldest winter periods being too cold for the heating system's efficiency.

It's a 50,000 BTU inverter system, with the latest Mitsubishi models inside. The outdoor unit is capable of heating down to -13 without back up and 100% efficient into the single digits.

Honestly not that common locally anymore, maybe a handful of days get below 0 and 15 or so around 5.

• Like 1

91/70 at Logan at 10:45 is pretty friggin spectacular for August 26th.   It would be impressive for that to be the high temperature on this date at +10 but, relative to hour ...full sun, and no where to even borrow so much as a Cumulus implied by sounding and observations et al, may imply a very hot day is unfolding ...I mean, we don't even have smoke.  

I realize there are those contending the Logan calibration issue... but, some of these metro-west temperatures are near or equal so ... The wind out there is also flopping around from SW to NW so average west, which is farting right out of the city's anus.  I'm snot sure one can 'reasonably' argue a tick or two temperature when the urban heat island spills air with similar other thermometer readings, over that site anyway. 

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

86/68 here, Cant wait for this crap to end, Miserable.

Not long ...

Sooner up there.. but down here we may launch tomorrow and make a run at the upper 80s ... but that appears to be an 11am to 2pm ~ air mass removal  at the coast, ranging to late afternoon inland... with a solid N-door/back-door hybrid fropa.

This is the time of year where we do not loathe backdoor fronts!  ...at least I don't...  They are the absolute balm of soothe when they come through late August. They are not toting along 39F mist .... Rather, like a dive into a perfect swimming pool on a torrid day. 

That appears to be 75/61 Saturday ...after a 92-97/70 today -

Consider us lucky ...because the circulation mode over mid latitudes N/A really is still very warm looking, but this trough ripping N of Maine being so unwanted in early May, is a god-send for dog-days in August.  It sends positive pressure perturbations and air masses S-SW that really are hidden by the large synopsis - ace up our air mass sleeves in August's

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not long ...

Sooner up there.. but down here we may launch tomorrow and make a run at the upper 80s ... but that appears to be an 11am to 2pm ~ air mass removal  at the coast, ranging to late afternoon inland... with a solid N-door/back-door hybrid fropa.

This is the time of year where we do not loathe backdoor fronts!  ...at least I don't...  They are the absolute balm of soothe when they come through late August. They are not toting along 39F mist .... Rather, like a dive into a perfect swimming pool on a torrid day. 

That appears to be 75/61 Saturday ...after a 92-97/70 today -

Consider us lucky ...because the circulation mode over mid latitudes N/A really is still very warm looking, but this trough ripping N of Maine being so unwanted in early May, is a god-send for dog-days in August.  It sends positive pressure perturbations and air masses that really are hidden by the large synopsis - ace up our air mass sleeves in August's

Saturday looks like a jacket day, lol, I've seen more temps in the 90's this summer then in the previous two years, And 70's dews were unheard of too here but we have had quite a few this year as well, As high as 78°F, Sunday looks like garbage with overcast and showers.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Saturday looks like a jacket day, lol, I've seen more temps in the 90's this summer then in the previous two years, And 70's dews were unheard of too here but we have had quite a few this year as well, As high as 78°F, Sunday looks like garbage with overcast and showers.

As of yesterday Boston was at 22 90+ degree days.   
The record is 30 from 1983 I think.  I don’t recall that summer

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That’s pretty good.  We have been running the ACs a ton this summer.  Plus the pool as needed and our house is smaller.  Window units only and our monthly bill has been around $250 with Nat Grid. 

That’s our typical summer bill.  About $100 less winters.  Eversource