• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

wow, today really dried out much more so than I thought -

I figured for a mix out ratio of 93/67 for high and TD but we are pulling in 62  and 64 at NWS ASOS's

Noticing also that the non-tarmac stationary out in "civility" - i.e., over actual land and country - are still tending 70 to 74 ... I'm wondering if this is a situational aspect where the wet Earth is keeping these latter sources more elevated.  It's a total setup that uniquely exaggerates the difference between an air port's backdrop aridity against the swampian back fill of Americana  lol... 

Making American Great with telling everyone their high temp and dew point came out of the ass-end of a jet engine ..

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Wasn't following along so ... not to step on the jape and pull tongues back away from cheeks but ... actually, seasonal lag is very real in climate.

It's why also we get winter after the Solstice -

Lol - at least 'used to' ..back before you-know-what.

But, September's likeness and/or summery retention is actually consistent, just as March should not be warm yet.    Again, the 'classic model' is/has been getting/gotten skewed for CC -related reasons. 

Yea, you read way too far in...just ball breaking.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My wife and I are kicking around the idea of getting a plunge pool. We are kind of up against it space wise, so this would be a good alternative. It’s actually a pool and hot tub separated by concrete.

I can only imagine what the waiting list is for this, I haven’t called yet to kick the tires, but we’d need to take out some equity in the house to do it.

https://www.eastonpool.com/plunge-pools/

I do like those. We’ve been looking into container pools but I’ve haven’t gotten far enough into the mental process to get a quote.

https://modpools.com/

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it is 73:72 here right now.  Walking the dog and I feel like I just stepped out of a sauna . I am so done with this swamp weather.

I just got back from swimming with the dog and while the mountain river water is very cold, once out of the water there’s no refreshing cool feel.

It actually got me thinking, most like the humidity for swimming but part of the “refreshing” part of swimming is getting out AND feeling cooled off afterward.  Not getting out and then feeling just as sweaty as before lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I just got back from swimming with the dog and while the mountain river water is very cold, once out of the water there’s no refreshing cool feel.

It actually got me thinking, most like the humidity for swimming but part of the “refreshing” part of swimming is getting out AND feeling cooled off afterward.  Not getting out and then feeling just as sweaty as before lol.

That’s what the water is for. Nobody wants to come out and shiver. I’m glad the dews are welcomed by you. I understand it now. These nights are great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s what the water is for. Nobody wants to come out and shiver. I’m glad the dews are welcomed by you. I understand it now. These nights are great. 

Ha what?!  You want to exit and end feeling refreshed.  I’d pay money to get out and feel chilled.  It’s not refreshing at all.  Will never understand it.

You head inside AC to feel cool though, seems to counter the idea that you don’t want to be refreshed, no?

On 8/24/2021 at 8:33 PM, dendrite said:

Hopefully he can find chlorine.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Plentiful around here. Seems to me it was a total ploy to jack up prices 200%

Got lucky this spring, For some reason home depot in Auburn here had 25lb 3" chlorine tabs for $20.45 a bucket and i took the last 3 they had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha what?!  You want to exit and end feeling refreshed.  I’d pay money to get out and feel chilled.  It’s not refreshing at all.  Will never understand it.

You head inside AC to feel cool though, seems to counter the idea that you don’t want to be refreshed, no?

Yeah, when I get out of the river on a day like today I want a few minutes of goosebumps.  Our favorite swimming hole is about a quarter of a mile hike down, so on a day like today by the time you get back up to the road you want to go swimming again. Lol

• Like 2