• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maybe flip to a bone dry pattern for snow season?

I wouldn’t care at this point as long as there’s no more rain.

I’d take three months of drought dry, wells and reservoirs be damned!   :lol:

I’m not sure we could take a winter of non stop David emojis from one poster over and over again…there would be record board cancellations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Mosquitoes are apocalyptic in the Adirondacks right now.  Full on sprint from the car to get into the house.  I thought skeeters were supposed to be slow, these suckers seem to be on the juice...ha

Are those Asian tiger mosquitoes up there yet? I see them at Fishers. They are super aggressive and fast.

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Are those Asian tiger mosquitoes up there yet? I see them at Fishers. They are super aggressive and fast.

Not sure to be honest, first time in ADKs for me in a month or so. I haven't heard of those, but add another annoying disease transferring pest to the list in New Eng.   I haven't noticed any like that in SVT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Mosquitoes are apocalyptic in the Adirondacks right now.  Full on sprint from the car to get into the house.  I thought skeeters were supposed to be slow, these suckers seem to be on the juice...ha

It’s bad everywhere.  I got smoked by them at a campfire on Saturday night in CT and then this evening walking the dog in Stowe it felt like I needed a hazmat suit to keep them out.  Look down at your legs and find like half a dozen of them working on you at once.

Tomorrow May sneak HIs that rival the highest we’ve seen this year. 

If it were a month ago I’d say slam dunk. AFD mentions needing adv Wed … NAM pushes hydrostatic hgts close to 580 DAM tomorrow.   I realize the moisture content is right at the top of physics but the runs are insistent on open sky Bahama blues/sun. Tues 90/74 .. Wed 92/72.