• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You laugh but that shit happened last year...  4" of snow in October is becoming the thing -

The folding due to westerly speed saturation pays off early ...but then said speed hurts winter, before ending in another bout that sort of bs

October and April are winter months, the ones in between are the real question marks.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

A little snow up in the passes of WY this morning.

Nice, that's the first sub 10K snow I've seen yet.  Barely sub 10K feet but it counts.  The Utah ski areas saw some 11,000ft snow earlier this week.  I love that climate when you can be like 75-80F or snowing in August.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thy tornado picked up ye cattle in Sturbridge and dropped thee cattle in remote farmland later thee named Moosup. Thy cattle manure created ye fertile soil with yearning hope of one day having thy dogs roam the landscape , dropping thy own manure 

Kid was much bruised.  Lucky 

It's how it begins though ...the early vestiges of seasonal change/suggestion shows up in the modeling.  It's like the "shot across the bow" first happens there, ...then we get one in reality - and they do not necessarily result from the same source. 

- nothing 'CFS,' combined with those sort of time ranges, needs any response in the first matter though - I mean it's not a matter of aging; it's a matter of existence or not. It's hard to 'count on aging well' out of the gates for utter fractal dreams of primitive AI, and nothing disseminated by that idiotic technology does anything else.   Really ... why is the CFS run - seriously ...pragmatically, I don't really understand what it's purpose/function is -

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's how it begins though ...the early vestiges of seasonal change/suggestion shows up in the modeling.  It's like the "shot across the bow" first happens there, ...then we get one in reality - and they do not necessarily result from the same source. 

- nothing 'CFS,' combined with those sort of time ranges, needs any response in the first matter though - I mean it's not a matter of aging; it's a matter of existence or not. It's hard to 'count on aging well' out of the gates for utter fractal dreams of primitive AI, and nothing disseminated by that idiotic technology does anything else.   Really ... why is the CFS run - seriously ...pragmatically, I don't really understand what it's purpose/function is -

The CFS was an obvious joke, but I agree…the seasonal maps don’t carry a lot of skill so I’m not sure what the purpose of the 6hr maps, out to d30, are for.

The “aging” on was a d10 GFS map. There’s been hints of a front around that time on various op/ens runs. Maybe Hadley puts the block on come verification time.

But agree with your post. The models start sensing that cooler air building in the higher latitudes and rush them into the CONUS prematurely. It seems like once one of those legit across the bow airmasses verifies it’s the green flag into the descent of autumn…notsomuch below normal temps, but at least a higher frequency of transitory airmasses.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, It’s the only saving grace. Everything else about high dews is pointless. Maybe pool time but that typically ends prematurely when the swamp storms pop. 

Been a frequent flyer too at my oldest sons house in his pool, I can't stand the HHH.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Its coming.

From that exchange ..you got, 'it's coming'   lol...

I know I know...   Eventually, the end of the cosmos, 15 trillion years into the future ...will end too, and so too, will summer.

Back here on Earth, I think we need 10 days ... sorta going along with Brian intimation there - 

Before that time, we may yet put up some heat in the books.  The last cycles of the GFS were less emphatic, but the gist is still there.  We probably segue this Henri eviscera into a couple of hot days ..then we fronta or BD hybrid back to seasonality toward the end of the week.  That appears to roll out in the extended and another heat surge of unknown anomaly - that's sort of a "best laid plans" play-by-play for the next 10 days.

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

From that exchange ..you got, 'it's coming'   lol...

I know I know...   Eventually, the end of the cosmos, 15 trillion years into the future ...will end too, and so too, will summer.

Back here on Earth, I think we need 10 days ... sorta going along with Brian intimation there - 

Before that time, we may yet put up some heat in the books.  The last cycles of the GFS were less emphatic, but the gist is still there.  We probably segue this Henri eviscera into a couple of hot days ..then we fronta or BD hybrid back to seasonality toward the end of the week.  That appears to roll out in the extended and another heat surge of unknown anomaly - that's sort of a "best laid plans" play-by-play for the next 10 days.

That was my short version, You know eventually we will turn to more of a fall pattern, Sooner rather then later.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

That was my short version, You know eventually we will turn to more of a fall pattern, Sooner rather then later.

Maybe flip to a bone dry pattern for snow season?

I wouldn’t care at this point as long as there’s no more rain.

I’d take three months of drought dry, wells and reservoirs be damned!   :lol: