• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not sure what Scott is alluding to but I was in my pool from 11-1.  Pool temp is in the low 80s, just a bit higher than air temp.

Yeah it’s not bad for that. Didn’t mean to imply it. Just would be better with dews. I like that summer vibe. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Euro was a little overly dew crazy with the last warmup and it's the most humid again. Looks pretty damn muggy for a handful of days, but it'll probably back off toward the other models again a bit. Looks more swampy than hot this go around too. I'd rather take today over that anyday.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fair enough, beach definitely.  Swimming with the dog in ice cold river water earlier was a bit nippy.  Getting water past the groin was difficult.

I will say like 80-85 with low dews is good for that stuff. 70s can be cool. I am enjoying today. Nice break with great weather.

yeah.. uh, big heat's happened as late as the 2nd week of September, but the return rate is rarefying quickly past August 15 - we slope.

can we do it, yup!  But, this next larger synopsis is a similar trait and behavior this summer, where non-hydrostatic heights balloon to ceiling extents in the models, but the hydrostatic ( 500mb 'thickness' ) seems to be sucking up the heat in order to get the DP up into the mid 70s/+anomaly.

What has verified is what it is...but that's what the appearance of the modeling behavior has been to me.  I tend to agree with Brian, based on that above propensity .. then adding in the climate slope, probably we do high night minimums, then drowning afternoons in theta-e weighting down the highs into the 80s. Might end up with the biggest 10 -day +anomalies of the summer, ha!  j/k

Notice the 500 mb non-hydro height anomalies over the TV while the 850 is modestly cool there ... it's a weird repeating theme -

• Like 1

Boring.

High pressure over northern Vermont this morning will shift
southeast into the Maritimes tonight. Continued tranquil
weather expected through tonight with modest onshore winds, low
humidity levels and seasonable temperatures. A warm front will
remain to our west on Tuesday, and while generally dry weather
prevails it will increase cloudiness. Muggy with unsettled
weather at times for mid to late in the week. Temperatures
seasonable to slightly warmer than normal.
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Steve , May sneak a waist high swell at SE facing spots Tue-Thursday from that thing near Bermuda that is now “code red” a NHC

I was in Narragansett at my sister's on Pt Judith all last week and there was like zero surf all week. Took the drone up on Friday and took this shot.

Screenshot-20210816-054159-Video-Player.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

First time since mid May of it being dark wire to wire on morning run. Absolutely blows 

Yeah I've been really noticing it too getting up a bit before 530. I loathe losing the light in the morning.

51F this morning. Would prefer 5-10F warmer.