• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

On 8/6/2021 at 5:37 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

As far as Euro temps .. BDL hit 90 today on a day no one thought could or forecast and it’s possible they hit it everyday thru at least next Friday . I don’t see anything other than possibly more clouds around and heavy thunder Sunday PM that would interrupt that 

strike4.jpg

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It was 101 on my rental car thermo earlier. Probably a little high. I think we were around 97. Heat index 104. 
Im back home Saturday night. Sunday looks good. Low 80’s?

I had to a training in Irving in July 17(?) outdoors and the high was 108. Living in FL it was a different type of heat on top of wearing PPE  to work outdoors. 

Past few days in Lincoln Lakes region of Maine have been delightful. Just a few showers the other night but mostly Stein and light breezes with temps in the 70s-low 80s. Heading back south tomorrow for a brief time and then back here for some more time. Hoping the bayou swamp weather is brief.

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

If that's MOS someone's going to hit 100 right? Concord? Manchester?

idk…climo is basically out of it at day 2. Caveats will be pockets of warmer mid level temps and any additional downslope mixing. WSW flow does tend to favor the Merrimack Valley though. I don’t see a lot of reason to stray from these temps with 20-22° 850s. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’d rather heat than the cool Rainer of July. That sucked.  

No cool he said while we all laughed. DIT lives in a fantasy world in his head. You me and Bob all bitching about not being able to use our pools because of the lack of warmth or sun but hey dews were high like he tried to tell us.

30dTDeptNRCC.png

• Haha 2

Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I've been pretty right for the most part of my summer 2021 predictions. Too bad I didn't post this around memorial day.

These predictions are based for the Boston-area specifically, which can vary a bit in different parts of New England.

Accurately predicted June would be "warm to somewhat hot and rather humid" on most days during the month, which it was. Thought June would be close to normal or slightly less than normal for precipitation which it was in most locations.

Predicted July to have some seasonably warm weather on a few days which did happen, I also predicted cool weather to prevail for a good portion of the month as well, which indeed happened. For the 4th of July, I thought it would be off/on showers/thunderstorms, which happened a bit more intense than I thought.  I also predicted that July would have double to triple the normal precipitation with heavy thunderstorms/showers on numerous days, and the flooding in the Boston/Worcester area just tells you how I was on that.

For August, I predicted for hot to very hot at times, especially the week of August 9th-13th, which would have temperatures reach over 100 degrees in a few locations, particularly outside of 128 in the Boston area, the Hartford/Springfield area also think could approach 100 degrees as well. (think a seabreeze would ruin the 100 degree chance for coastline areas), also predicted more hot weather (low-mid 90s) would happen later in August as well.
So far, I feel pretty good about this prediction. 
Predicted August to dry out after the wet July, however showers and thunderstorms that pop-up would keep precipitation close to normal, we'll see if it happens. I think it will be less than July in most locations, especially the areas that got the flooding.

My early Labor Day prediction, 50/50 sun/cloud mix and 80s.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, chris9277 said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I've been pretty right for the most part of my summer 2021 predictions. Too bad I didn't post this around memorial day.

These predictions are based for the Boston-area specifically, which can vary a bit in different parts of New England.

Accurately predicted June would be "warm to somewhat hot and rather humid" on most days during the month, which it was. Thought June would be close to normal or slightly less than normal for precipitation which it was in most locations.

Predicted July to have some seasonably warm weather on a few days which did happen, I also predicted cool weather to prevail for a good portion of the month as well, which indeed happened. For the 4th of July, I thought it would be off/on showers/thunderstorms, which happened a bit more intense than I thought.  I also predicted that July would have double to triple the normal precipitation with heavy thunderstorms/showers on numerous days, and the flooding in the Boston/Worcester area just tells you how I was on that.

For August, I predicted for hot to very hot at times, especially the week of August 9th-13th, which would have temperatures reach over 100 degrees in a few locations, particularly outside of 128 in the Boston area, the Hartford/Springfield area also think could approach 100 degrees as well. (think a seabreeze would ruin the 100 degree chance for coastline areas), also predicted more hot weather (low-mid 90s) would happen later in August as well.
So far, I feel pretty good about this prediction. 
Predicted August to dry out after the wet July, however showers and thunderstorms that pop-up would keep precipitation close to normal, we'll see if it happens. I think it will be less than July in most locations, especially the areas that got the flooding.

My early Labor Day prediction, 50/50 sun/cloud mix and 80s.

Welcome.