• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

56 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Would this coastal system later in the week be classified as a subtropical storm verbatim per the NAM and other models?

I haven’t really started looking until now but my quick thought is yes if it can get genesis going off the SC coast and over the Gulf Stream before lifting NE. In the whole scheme of things though it doesn’t look particularly impressive IMO. 

It doesn’t look fully baroclinic to me on the GFS but maybe I’m wrong @CoastalWx @weatherwiz?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I haven’t really started looking until now but my quick thought is yes if it can get genesis going off the SC coast and over the Gulf Stream before lifting NE. In the whole scheme of things though it doesn’t look particularly impressive IMO. 

It doesn’t look fully baroclinic to me on the GFS but maybe I’m wrong @CoastalWx @weatherwiz?

I would think an argument could be made for a subtropical storm. Does look like it would be warm cored. I would think though any strengthening of such nature is probably more related to the pretty robust upper-level jet/divergence present over the region. That is really the only window I see for such low pressure organization/intensification. There is a bit of a barlocinic zone present but I don't think it's enough for a low to really take off. 

I'm guessing the area of convection just off the SC coast is the area of interest. Doesn't appear to be any real type of circulation present (or if so it's very weak). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I would think an argument could be made for a subtropical storm. Does look like it would be warm cored. I would think though any strengthening of such nature is probably more related to the pretty robust upper-level jet/divergence present over the region. That is really the only window I see for such low pressure organization/intensification. There is a bit of a barlocinic zone present but I don't think it's enough for a low to really take off. 

I'm guessing the area of convection just off the SC coast is the area of interest. Doesn't appear to be any real type of circulation present (or if so it's very weak). 

Yeah—it’s like a 2 on my interest scale. If we had development and a little more time further south, it’d be a different story.

At any rate, looks like a nice potential rainmaker with some breezy conditions on the coast.