Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2021

wdrag

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

They formed east of there.  No worries as there are others popping up all over the place around here.

Just dont want to see a microburst, one of those damaged my roof and balcony there by dropping a bunch of trees on it.  The media is ridiculously bad out there, no one even reported it, I had to find out through the power company what happened.

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Those storms along the Jersey shore have to be producing some serious flash flooding. Stationary forever. 

They always happen there, whats the reason for it?  They also have the most extreme temps lol.  East facing shorelines always have the most extreme and fun weather lol

Just now, LibertyBell said:

Just dont want to see a microburst, one of those damaged my roof and balcony there by dropping a bunch of trees on it.  The media is ridiculously bad out there, no one even reported it, I had to find out through the power company what happened.

Where you are located is at elevation high up in the Poconos.  Orographically induced storms are common there.  Because it’s rural you won’t get much media information.  Is there Nextdoor out there?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

They have an old narrow truss bridge across the Delaware River at that location.  No EZ pass there.  They hire senior citizens to stand in the roadway and collect the tolls from motorists.

I go over that bridge routeenly since 1972...My son has a home in Wild Acres...before that me and my uncle had one...it has a one dollar toll collected by the owners of the bridge...its been one dollar for a long time...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Where you are located is at elevation high up in the Poconos.  Orographically induced storms are common there.  Because it’s rural you won’t get much media information.  Is there Nextdoor out there?

Yeah but I haven't used Nextdoor (yet), I look at stations on wunderground for weather info.  I have wifi out there and there's about three or four other local users whose wifi names pop up when I'm logging in.

if you like snow and want to at least double you totals from living in the city move to the Dingmans Ferry area and northward...the biggest snowstorm I've seen was the March 2017 storm up there...and it was two days after the storm...March 2018 saw another big event and wind event on top...Childs Park in Dingmans Ferry is still closed because of the damage done in 2018...Last February had another 2 footer...three two foot storms in five years...

27 minutes ago, uncle W said:

if you like snow and want to at least double you totals from living in the city move to the Dingmans Ferry area and northward...the biggest snowstorm I've seen was the March 2017 storm up there...and it was two days after the storm...March 2018 saw another big event and wind event on top...Childs Park in Dingmans Ferry is still closed because of the damage done in 2018...Last February had another 2 footer...three two foot storms in five years...

I think elevation matters more than latitude.  Near Lake Harmony we average 70 inches of snow and the latitude is the same as The Bronx.  The further north you go the closer you get to redneck territory anyway.

30 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Is this for JFK...1983 will always stand out for me, for having extreme heat and humidity combined.  Why was it so bad in 2018 though, it wasn't even that hot.  And 2014 didn't have any?

Yeah, JFK had over 40 days with 75°+ dew points for the first time in 2018. The record high dew points persisted into September. That’s why there was so much mold damage at the local schools and colleges.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/morris/2018/09/11/mold-contamination-could-keep-some-nj-schools-closed-weeks/1269827002/

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/17/how-to-get-rid-of-mold/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, JFK had over 40 days with 75°+ dew points for the first time in 2018. The record high dew points persisted into September. That’s why there was so much mold damage at the local schools and colleges.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/morris/2018/09/11/mold-contamination-could-keep-some-nj-schools-closed-weeks/1269827002/

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/17/how-to-get-rid-of-mold/

Chris is there any way to avoid this? I have really bad mold allergies and that year they were year round.  Can some preventative treatment be applied to prevent mold from growing?

I use bleach but that has its own pungent odor

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Chris is there any way to avoid this? I have really bad mold allergies and that year they were year round.  Can some preventative treatment be applied to prevent mold from growing?

I use bleach but that has its own pungent odor

The only real way is to keep the AC going. Many schools don’t have AC so they are prime spots for mold growth. Better to prevent mold than have to deal with cleaning it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

The only real way is to keep the AC going. Many schools don’t have AC so they are prime spots for mold growth. Better to prevent mold than have to deal with cleaning it up.

Yeah I guess that's why as soon as I leave my bedroom I have huge sneezing bouts lol.  I have window AC not Central AC and only the bedrooms have it installed.