Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021

wdrag

8 minutes ago, bluewave said:

With a high so far of 96° today, Newark moves up to the 4th highest number of 95° or warmer days at 18.

Time Series Summary for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ - Jan through Dec
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Year
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 95 
Missing Count
  1993 25 0
  2010 21 0
  1988 20 0
  1944 20 0
  2021 18 127

Good to see that my two hottest summers  (1993 and 2010) are accurately reflected at Newark at least lol.

By the way it hit 96 here on the south shore of Nassau at 1 PM this is the hottest day of the entire year here!

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Islip moves into 2nd place for most 90° days in August. NYC will probably reach 90° shortly. So ISP will have a 7 to 5 August 90° day lead over NYC. The wet vegetation above the sensor in NYC is really distorting the climate record. You can see how NYC easily beat ISP in 1980 before the tree growth really got out of hand. 

Time Series Summary for ISLIP-LI MACARTHUR AP, NY - Month of Aug
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Year
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 90 
NYC      
1 1980 8 15
2 2016 7 7
- 2005 7 9
  2021 7 5

3BD240ED-5472-4038-BBBD-4822DD073304.thumb.jpeg.96e3ccce559a12e41b1063b82d9bac6b.jpeg

B95122BF-A372-4EB7-94F9-B553FCDC41FF.thumb.jpeg.3b20fb36c4b2db19d834224209983f61.jpeg

1980 was a super hot coast to coast summer though, recent summers have been weaksauce here.  If you analyze 1980 it has all the elements of our hottest summers that's why I include it in the list.  You can't have a summer like that anymore with all this rain that's been falling every month.  Even 1983 which was my wettest year on record and still super hot had that dry spell for summer.  The heat gets bullied by the coastal front when that wasn't the case 10 years ago and prior.  Too much water vapor in the air to heat us up like it used to before.

and I hit 96 today on the south shore so all city sensors have issues, we need to get rid of ASOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

We'll see plenty of time but id think the coolest air remains to our west  next weekend and into the Great Lakes.  Still warm/humid would be my bet,

Today being my hottest day of the year (96) I'm wondering if there are going to be any more 90 degree highs for the south shore of Nassau County this year.

25 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Captain Lou lived pretty close to me and was a partner at a tire shop a mile away. I used to see him often. He was quite a character :clown:

I would have enjoyed that. He even did a rock video with the young lady who sang ‘girls just wanna have fun’. In his youth he teamed up with Tony Altimore as the Sicilians. A true performance artist. He would have been great In tv sitcoms if he had chosen that path. As always … 

Active convection day in NE PA especially in Monroe and Northampton Cty’s near Stroudsburg.  These storms are severe warned and are moving into Warren and Sussex Cty NJ at this time.  211 lightning strikes in the past 3 hours with these storms.  Use caution if you are driving out west on I80 in NW NJ this afternoon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Active convection day in NE PA especially in Monroe and Northampton Cty’s near Stroudsburg.  These storms are severe warned and are moving into Warren and Sussex Cty NJ at this time.  211 lightning strikes in the past 3 hours with these storms.  Use caution if are driving out west on I80 in NW NJ this afternoon.

Looks like a few more storms are now popping up around the Scranton area too.

12 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Active convection day in NE PA especially in Monroe and Northampton Cty’s near Stroudsburg.  These storms are severe warned and are moving into Warren and Sussex Cty NJ at this time.  211 lightning strikes in the past 3 hours with these storms.  Use caution if you are driving out west on I80 in NW NJ this afternoon.

Interesting, I wonder if they'll make it to Jim Thorpe-Albrightsville-Lake Harmony-Lehighton area.  Just found out Jim Thorpe has a heat index of 105!