• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021

wdrag

85/73 and sunny.  It will be a race to see when the area of clouds and associated stroms arrive later this morning/afternoon.  Hung up front this weekend with clouds/ storms and rain at times but continued humid.  Ridge builds back and flow goes more W/NW on Mon (8/30) and Tue (8/31) and with enough sun perhaps a shot at 40 90 degree days for the warmer spots like EWR and C/N-NJ.

Beyond that as we open next month the remnants of Ida appear as most guidance does this (suspect is be quuicker), slow to exit the US.  ECM has her south and keeps us in the murky/humid and at times onshore flow through next Thu. 

Ridge and warm/flow for the long weekend 9/4 and onwards and overall looking warm in the long range with nay cooldown short-lived and likely correct warmer as we get closer in.  More 90s maybe 9/5-9/6

3 minutes ago, uncle W said:

I ment the wrestler...:P

My apologies Unc I’m still in the age of the Gramm brothers, Antonino Rocca, Killer Kowalski, Buddy Rogers, Gorilla Monsoon, Lou Albano and skull Murphy. As a young man, I had a crush on slave girl Moolah. As always ….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rclab said:

My apologies Unc I’m still in the age of the Gramm brothers, Antonino Rocca, Killer Kowalski, Buddy Rogers, Gorilla Monsoon, Lou Albano and skull Murphy. As a young man, I had a crush on slave girl Moolah. As always ….

Bruno Samartino was the man...Gorilla Monsoon went from parts unknown to part owner...

• Like 1

This is the first time that Newark had bookend winter snowfall followed by bookend summer heat.

Monthly Total Snowfall for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Year
Dec
Jan
Feb
Season
2020-2021 11.9 3.2 30.6 45.7

Monthly Highest Max Temperature for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ
Year
Jun
Jul
Aug
Season
2021 103 97 99 103
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Bruno Samartino was the man...Gorilla Monsoon went from parts unknown to part owner...

Yes he was. Known as the Italian strong boy when he first started. I remember when his championship belt was stolen out of his car while he was having dinner with heroes and villains alike at the Spindle Top restaurant in NYC right after a Garden event. He was interviewed on tv news. Monsoon was involved in some fun stuff. He actually trained Muhammad Ali for his mixed match against the Japanese Champion. Ali was, like many of us a Pro Wrestling fan. ( scripts be damned, it was fun ). He actually jumped into the ring during a Monsoon televised match ( all well scripted ) Ali’s handlers were having panic attacks. When Monsoon lifted him above his head and obviously gently deposited him on the canvas and was about to kick him with his size 20’s, Ali’s handlers swarmed in and dragged him away. The best Monsoon line came from the post match interview “This guy doesn’t know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch”. Fun times great memories. As always…

B13D8DA4-07E0-40AA-8901-8D3EFEBA8379.thumb.jpeg.c56780d31635c7ab486a6390a3e19a8f.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

85/73 and sunny.  It will be a race to see when the area of clouds and associated stroms arrive later this morning/afternoon.  Hung up front this weekend with clouds/ storms and rain at times but continued humid.  Ridge builds back and flow goes more W/NW on Mon (8/30) and Tue (8/31) and with enough sun perhaps a shot at 40 90 degree days for the warmer spots like EWR and C/N-NJ.

Beyond that as we open next month the remnants of Ida appear as most guidance does this (suspect is be quuicker), slow to exit the US.  ECM has her south and keeps us in the murky/humid and at times onshore flow through next Thu. 

Ridge and warm/flow for the long weekend 9/4 and onwards and overall looking warm in the long range with nay cooldown short-lived and likely correct warmer as we get closer in.  More 90s maybe 9/5-9/6

rain probably wont arrive until night time here

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

I thought Labor Day weekend was supposed to be cool and in the 70s with that strong blocking people were talking about lol

• Like 1

Islip moves into 2nd place for most 90° days in August. NYC will probably reach 90° shortly. So ISP will have a 7 to 5 August 90° day lead over NYC. The wet vegetation above the sensor in NYC is really distorting the climate record. You can see how NYC easily beat ISP in 1980 before the tree growth really got out of hand. 

Time Series Summary for ISLIP-LI MACARTHUR AP, NY - Month of Aug
Rank
Year
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 90 
NYC      
1 1980 8 15
2 2016 7 7
- 2005 7 9
  2021 7 5

3BD240ED-5472-4038-BBBD-4822DD073304.thumb.jpeg.96e3ccce559a12e41b1063b82d9bac6b.jpeg

B95122BF-A372-4EB7-94F9-B553FCDC41FF.thumb.jpeg.3b20fb36c4b2db19d834224209983f61.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I thought Labor Day weekend was supposed to be cool and in the 70s with that strong blocking people were talking about lol

We'll see plenty of time but id think the coolest air remains to our west  next weekend and into the Great Lakes.  Still warm/humid would be my bet,

• Like 1

With a high so far of 96° today, Newark moves up to the 4th highest number of 95° or warmer days at 18.

Time Series Summary for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ - Jan through Dec
Rank
Year
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 95 
Missing Count
  1993 25 0
  2010 21 0
  1988 20 0
  1944 20 0
  2021 18 127
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rclab said:

Captain Lou lived pretty close to me and was a partner at a tire shop a mile away. I used to see him often. He was quite a character :clown:

• Like 2