Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021

wdrag

15 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

I didn’t on the N Shore either at both my stations FWIW. 

Both ISP and FRG recorded heat waves. (ISP hit 90 today).

your readings are too low. Maybe they are too close to grass, trees, etc. 

no way all of the LI stations, which are LIE south record a heat wave and you do not. 

22 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Central Park and areas right on the south facing waters didn’t and that's it.   Saying NYC didn’t get a heatwave is ridiculous.

Of course, we go back to the Central Park monitoring station.  Seems the government never wants to listen...

20 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Both ISP and FRG recorded heat waves. (ISP hit 90 today).

your readings are too low. Maybe they are too close to grass, trees, etc. 

no way all of the LI stations, which are LIE south record a heat wave and you do not. 

I’ve had less sun today and got a pop up shower. My stations are fine. Both VP2 with fan shields on them. Is your station fan aspirated?  Are the stations around you fan aspirated too?  Good for FRG and ISP I don’t live at those locations.  

What’s even more hilarious is the Muttontown station should be hot as can be since it’s on a tripod 6’ over the pool patio stone at my parent’s house baking in the sun, yet it’s not. 

38 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Its interesting hear the, "this wasn't a hot summer" takes.   Even if stations end up below normal for summer they're still likely making the top 20 warmest summers list.   Think about that for a minute.  It's pretty wild.  

I don’t think so

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Its interesting hear the, "this wasn't a hot summer" takes.   Even if stations end up below normal for summer they're still likely making the top 20 warmest summers list.   Think about that for a minute.  It's pretty wild.  

I think what makes this summer feel less hot  is the constant breaks we've had.  The heat waves while impressive have been short lived.  We had the very cold Memorial Day weekend even though technically not summer cool 4th of July weekend  and then 2 cool weeks from late July into the 1st week of August.   the hot summers I remember is the relentless  90゚ heat from late June into early to mid August before we get that 1st refreshing cold front.  And those hot summers were usually dry too.  This year it's 3 or 4 hours of nineties with 100゚ heat index before a thunderstorm cools things off late afternoon

1 hour ago, uofmiami said:

I’ve had less sun today and got a pop up shower. My stations are fine. Both VP2 with fan shields on them. Is your station fan aspirated?  Are the stations around you fan aspirated too?  Good for FRG and ISP I don’t live at those locations.  

What’s even more hilarious is the Muttontown station should be hot as can be since it’s on a tripod 6’ over the pool patio stone at my parent’s house baking in the sun, yet it’s not. 

So it’s near a pool?

if all of the local ASOS sites are well above your readings that’s an indication your readings are off. I don’t know what else to say. 

Central Park screwed up T again at 87* for 4pm.        With a W wind (250) everywhere, even I am at  91* for 4pm.    92*(50%RH) at 4:30pm.

MOST RECENT DATA:  4pm edt   14-AUG-21
NEW YORK CENTRAL PARK, NY (   89')                   LAT=40.77N LON= 73.98W   
STA     TMP DP RH  WD WS  G PRS  ALT PCPN     CLOUD LEVELS HGT TYP   VIS  WX
NYC 11am 83 68 60 000  4    179 3009                           CLR    10
    12pm 87 67 50 000  0    179 3009                       130eSCT    10
     1pm 86 68 54 000  3    177 3008                       130eBKN    10
     2pm 85 68 56 000  6    177 3008                       130eBKN    10
     3pm 86 69 56           175 3008                       130eSCT    10
     4pm 87 69 54           171 3007                LO CLR  HI ???    10
NYC    6 temps: high=  87 at 12pm low=  83 at 11am mean=  85.6   precip=  0.00

• Like 1