• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021

wdrag

The next 8 days are averaging 83degs.(75/91), or +8.

No rain till hurricane hits on the 26th   LOL

80*(73%RH) here at 6am!!!, m. clear.          Only 84* by Noon and seemingly going nowhere so far.        85*(65%RH) at 1pm   HI = 91.       87*(62%RH) at 2pm.      88*(60%RH) at 3pm/4pm.     86* at 5pm.

Reached 95 here yesterday at 6pm.    Was still 90 at 8pm.

• Like 1

Morning thoughts…

It will become partly sunny and hot. An afternoon or evening thunderstorm is possible. Temperatures will likely reach the lower and middle 90s.  Some locations will reach the upper 90s. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 94°

Newark: 99°

Philadelphia: 97°

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 83.8°; 15-Year: 83.9°

Newark: 30-Year: 85.2°; 15-Year: 85.6°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 86.3°; 15-Year: 86.3°

Very warm weather will continue tomorrow. Showers and thunderstorms are likely as a front moves across the region.

Out West, Portland will likely experience its record 6th 100° day of the year.

• Like 1

This is only the 8th year that Newark reached 30 days of 90° following a 40 inch snowfall season. This feat only occurred three times up to 1994. But a record breaking five years since 2005. So we are getting an unusual combination of stronger winter blocking followed by summer heat.

Newark 40 inch snowfall followed by 30 days reaching 90°

2021….45.7…..31

2015….46.4….35

2011…..68.2…..31

2010….47.9……54

2005….43.4…..37

1994…..64.5….39

1961…..73.5…..34

1949….41.2……36

81/69 a bit less humid but higher temp than Thursday.  Off to the races again today with mid to upper 90s and an outside chance of the century mark in places in NE-NJ and near LGA.  Front arrives tomorrow and depending on rain and cloud cover 90s are possible.  Beyond that Sun (8/15) as we hit the midway point of the month - need to watch remnants of Fred otherwise  humid / wet looks the theme and above normal through Thu (8/19).  Southerly / onshore and with rain chances as we start to heat up again towards Thu (8/19) and through next weekend (8/20) - (8/21).

Tropics look like they may gear up and target EC in the longer range.  Western Atlantic Ridge near by noseing in on occasion as we see a warmer / humid second part of August.

2 hours ago, CIK62 said:

The next 8 days are averaging 83degs.(75/91), or +8.

No rain till hurricane hits on the 26th   LOL

80*(73%RH) here at 6am!!!, m. clear.

Reached 95 here yesterday at 6pm.    Was still 90 at 8pm.

That southerly flow from on / around 8/19 onward will likely produce almost dailt rain/storm chances would be my take.

I heard it was a crazy scene at Orchard Beach yday. That storm came through with little warning, wasnt really a period of dark skies developing first, just rapidly from fair skies to thunderstorm. Multiple lightning strikes on the sand sent ppl abandoning their belongings. Unfortunately the teenager in that group of 6 died.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Departures through 8/12

Lga -1.5

Cpk -1.3

Philly -1

Atl. City arp.-1.7

Trnt. -1.6

Jfk -1.6

Allentown pa -2

Ewr +0.5

Newark is running 2゚ warmer than any site South west North or northeast of there.

aww i'm sorry the warmup is getting to you

• Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Departures through 8/12

Lga -1.5

Cpk -1.3

Philly -1

Atl. City arp.-1.7

Trnt. -1.6

Jfk -1.6

Allentown pa -2

Ewr +0.5

Newark is running 2゚ warmer than any site South west North or northeast of there.

Northeast NJ has been able to avoid the cooler onshore influence that has affected the rest of the area. Caldwell is +1.2 and Newark is lower at +0.5. Follows the theme of this being a hotter summer west of the Hudson away from the cooling seabreezes.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Northeast NJ has been able to avoid the cooler onshore influence that has affected the rest of the area. Caldwell is +1.2 and Newark is lower at +0.5. Follows the theme of this being a hotter summer west of the Hudson away from the cooling seabreezes.

Yeah Essex Union and Middlesex counties should have their own sub form.  It amazes me how Warmer they are from most of this area even places like Trenton which has no ocean influence Newark has twice as many 90゚ days then there.

2 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Yeah Essex Union and Middlesex counties should have their own sub form.  It amazes me how Warmer they are from most of this area even places like Trenton which has no ocean influence Newark has twice as many 90゚ days then there.

do you think manmade co2 emissions are warming the atmosphere?

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, binbisso said:

it's also highly urbanized and just inland from cooling marine air-perfect environment for big heat

14 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

aww i'm sorry the warmup is getting to you

No not getting to me.  These puny 3 to 4 day heat waves Not that impressive to me. I have seen much worse.  One thing I can say this summer will not be remembered for heat throughout 99% of the northeast except for Newark of course

3 minutes ago, binbisso said:

No not getting to me.  These puny 3 to 4 day heat waves Not that impressive to me. I have seen much worse.  One thing I can say this summer will not be remembered for heat throughout 99% of the northeast except for Newark of course

even there not all that hot.   The heat has quickly broken each time-this looks a bit different in that the cooldown is not followed by buckets of rain in the next week....

21 minutes ago, binbisso said:

It all depends on what the dominant summer pattern is. This year the regime is favoring NE NJ for the most heat. Last summer it was east of the Hudson with LGA and Hartford recording more 90° days. Also remember that Newark just ended its longest no 100° day streak this summer. June had the first 100° day since 2013. But LGA and New England had several 100° readings in recent years.

2020 days reaching 90°

Newark…..31

LGA………..34

Hartford….39

06B36568-BB36-4161-95D8-FB9742288574.png.5f206d2c4ab1fd5eeb73bd0aabe852af.png

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It all depends on what the dominant summer pattern is. This year the regime is favoring NE NJ for the most heat. Last summer it was east of the Hudson with LGA and Hartford recording more 90° days. Also remember that Newark just ended its longest lack 100° days this summer. June had the first 100° day since 2013. But LGA and New England had several 100° readings in recent years.

2020 days reaching 90°

Newark…..31

LGA………..34

Hartford….39

06B36568-BB36-4161-95D8-FB9742288574.png.5f206d2c4ab1fd5eeb73bd0aabe852af.png

You are probably correct on the dominant pattern this year.  it just seems that Newark always runs hotter than most other sites nearby.  I'm curious to know is Newark warming faster/higher than  other sites in this sub forum?

• Like 1

Even though temperatures started off warmer than yesterday Newark Is  90゚ at 11:00 a.m. same as yesterday.  laguardia is 88 which is 1゚ less than it's 89゚ reading at 11:00 a.m. yesterday  dew points are running about 2 to 4゚ below yesterday's readings which makes today much more tolerable