• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane/Tropical Storm Elsa

SnowenOutThere

Moderate to heavy rain here. No wind, nothing severe. Just a soaker. I guess those HRRR runs were a bit off lol. There is a pretty sharp cutoff between steady rain and showery just to my west. 

Radar depiction right now looks impressive. Those bands wrapping in towards south Jersey look ominous.

12 minutes ago, mattie g said:

@MN Transplant...how did you end up after the overnight back-end stuff?

Got 0.18” after midnight.  Combine that with an equivalent amount in the evening and I ended up 0.4”.  

In the end, the dry models were too sharp with the cutoff on the NW side, but the wet models weren’t as good with the track.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Got 0.18” after midnight.  Combine that with an equivalent amount in the evening and I ended up 0.4”.  

In the end, the dry models were too sharp with the cutoff on the NW side, but the wet models weren’t as good with the track.

Gotcha. Looking at CoCoRaHs, it seems that MBY got a little more than that after midnight (showing 0.8" or thereabouts around here). Also, looking at kids bins around the backyard, it also seems like we got a decent amount more than I'd assumed.

8 hours ago, CAPE said:

Ended up with 1.5" here.

The heaviest rain locally fell from lower southern MD over to southern DE.  Widespread 3-4" with some 5"+ amounts. Looks like Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge was the jackpot with close to 6".

Kinda funny here. After all my complaining about my area always getting the bullseye from every possible rain event. I got missed by pretty much everything yesterday. The little bit of rain I did get has already evaporated and my garden is as dry as it was yesterday. I'm not mad. Still plenty moisture in the ground. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Wife was in Ocean City and said it was basically a non-event. Obviously rained hard for a time but didn't notice anything significant with the wind.

Clearly you two are made for each other :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic