Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Just now, dendrite said:

Nothing big. I saw a frame there where it blew up just to my west and then it started to hail so I got a little concerned. Maybe a minute of peas. Just had a good +CG, but other than that not much wind or rain. Quickly in and out. 

The wind seems to largely be a dud so far, or at least pretty isolated.

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Amazing consistency of peak gusts across our ASOS/AWOSs. Everything between 28 and 35 knots. :axe:

One thing of note today was how poor the llvl lapse rates were. Obviously a product of lack of sun and strong sfc heating but it's very difficult to get widespread high wind event with poor llvl lapse rates...especially when the shear alone isn't anything overly through the roof 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

One thing of note today was how poor the llvl lapse rates were. Obviously a product of lack of sun and strong sfc heating but it's very difficult to get widespread high wind event with poor llvl lapse rates...especially when the shear alone isn't anything overly through the roof 

It's one of the primary parameters that can differentiate between nada and a significant event. I thought we'd do better where we had > 7 C/km.