• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Well at least we got a few severe reports out of it. 

image.png.0cb9d67155a53eb14dc383f8932d2c2c.png

And FWIW, I did have a dream we saw widespread severe weather...and if you believe the idea that our dreams are just us in a parallel world or life...so technically in a parallel universe we all live in...we did get severe weather...it's just our other selves got to experience it 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Well at least we got a few severe reports out of it. 

image.png.0cb9d67155a53eb14dc383f8932d2c2c.png

And FWIW, I did have a dream we saw widespread severe weather...and if you believe the idea that our dreams are just us in a parallel world or life...so technically in a parallel universe we all live in...we did get severe weather...it's just our other selves got to experience it 

Yup, that NE Mass action came over/down Rt 2 straight down the Mohawk Trail just prior to dawn, and we got popped with I'm guessin' .5" in 15 seconds.

LOL, but though rain seldom wakes me up the roar of it this time, did, and sounded disturbingly rumbly   heh.  Really fast, but drowning rates.

Only two flashes.  One was typical crawler, but one must have been a positive stroke judging by the acoustics of the report along with it's ability to resonate the structure of the home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

There have to be papers out there that discuss how cold frontal passages in the northeast occur at 2 am.

That is uncanny. I was just thinking how when I was a youth the timing for squall lines was late afternoon and early evening every summer but it seems to get later with each decade. Just my unprofessional observation here 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

That is uncanny. I was just thinking how when I was a youth the timing for squall lines was late afternoon and early evening every summer but it seems to get later with each decade. Just my unprofessional observation here 

The 90's seemed to offer quite a bit in terms of squall lines...squall lines which could approach the CT River and then POOF weaken in the blink of an eye...this would disappoint time and time again. I just remember watching the radar on TWC and it seemed several times each summer we would get these massive squall lines from like Maine down through Maryland that would just slide east. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I literally have a vision of Brian and Lisa running around with chickens as the song kicks in with a tornado in the background. I'm dying. :lol:  

Lol.. you can picture him out in the COC houses in slow motion during that beginning slow part .. he’s stuffing as many as he can under each arm, ,, Theres just feathers flying everywhere.. you see him look up to the WSW once or twice and he sees the black sky and EF3 OTG heading in. The guitars kick in just as one of the gates is ripped off a henhouse and he dives into the house with arms and cocks everywhere 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yoda said:

@weatherwiz

You chasing today?  5% tor up

I am not. 

Quite the complex setup today. Best chance for any severe probably with any discrete cells which form across NNE. Not sure we see much from a convective line...looks like the sfc front may undercut convection. 

We talked it over with SPC this morning and agreed that holding off on enhanced is the best decision right now. There are a lot of ingredients in place for damage™ but there is also a lot of low cloud cover and it's late in the season to mix that out quickly. RAP soundings have things mixing out by 15-16z which gives us another chance to take a look before the 1630z update.

4 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

FWIW the storm prediction center on their latest update has the slight risk almost into Boston? 

Certainly can't rule out severe storms nearing Boston...highly dependent on where/when any discrete cells form west and whether they try and evolve into a small line segment and push towards BOS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We talked it over with SPC this morning and agreed that holding off on enhanced is the best decision right now. There are a lot of ingredients in place for damage™ but there is also a lot of low cloud cover and it's late in the season to mix that out quickly. RAP soundings have things mixing out by 15-16z which gives us another chance to take a look before the 1630z update.

It also appear all the best ingredients become a bit displaced as the day goes on. The best (llvl shear) moves out through the early afternoon and the best ulvl dynamics remain well west while the sfc cold front looks to plug east. Convective coverage too may be a bit of a question. I think we'll see some significant localized severe but would it be enough to warrant or "verify" an enhanced?