• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Should be fun watching the storms develop in the upper Midwest tonight. PDS watch issued. Maybe one day I’ll see a derecho in New England. :fulltilt:

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

* Primary threats include...
     Widespread damaging winds expected with scattered significant
       gusts to 90 mph likely
     Scattered large hail likely with isolated very large hail events
       to 2 inches in diameter possible
     A tornado or two possible

241A238B-8D16-4F13-BB62-D4E2CE36E8AF.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Should see some nasty storms down across SE PA but that's about it. Some heavy rain and embedded thunder for us...best light show probably out by Cape. Marginal should be dropped here at some point. 

They’ll bring it farther north with morning update. Lots of spin and shear. You shall see 

5 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bag it

it's bagged.  Then of course the 3km totally reversed course from the Cape crusher at 6z to the Cape split at 12z.  I think Kev mentioned that they've missed just about everything this year, and when I called the campground they said the same thing... that they really needed the rain and the ponds were way down.   Funny how fickle convective precip can be.  

At any rate the HRRR still pretty insistent as are the globals, so we'll head down bright and early tomorrow instead and Fri/Sat look pleasant and sunny.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

with any severe wx chances well SW of CT. 

If anyone can pull 700 j/kg of instability out of their hat, I think that could be the number for a low topped supercell... maybe SW CT?  Up here not totally out of the question, but seems doubtful

1 minute ago, radarman said:

If anyone can pull 700 j/kg of instability out of their hat, I think that could be the number for a low topped supercell... maybe SW CT?  Up here not totally out of the question, but seems doubtful

There is a quite a bit of 3km CAPE around though greatest is SW. 

The window for that potential seems pretty small with that wall of precip off to the west...that's what is going to kill things. There is activity developing ahead of that batch but the best shear is still well west.