• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

Wife has a conference on the Cape. Love it, leave Belchertown and the severe follows us. They are hyping it on the local radio stations down here. Last time we were on the Cape was about 4 years ago when they got a wild line of storms in the morning. Ended up taking us 5 hours to get from Truro to the canal due to roads closed from downed trees and flooding. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The smoke is terrible on the cape. I have asthma I can definitely tell it's more than just visually affecting us. I am staying in today in the a/c. Just spent last four days with 20 of in law family. Need a break. 

It is wild. I have never seen a sunrise or moon so red/pink. Glad we brought the little one's nebulizer, she has been really coughing. 

Just now, Mr. Windcredible! said:

We're all used to Severe Thunderstorm Warnings that don't produce...but I think that's the first time I was under one only to see it cancelled like 10 minutes later.

It looked great coming towards New Haven then poof. I only got .02.  I actually haven't had much rain here in Branford with only .08 in the last 7 days. I assume its been similar in Clinton?

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

It looked great coming towards New Haven then poof. I only got .02.  I actually haven't had much rain here in Branford with only .08 in the last 7 days. I assume its been similar in Clinton?

we've managed a couple sneaky showers in the past week...but only 0.35". Still nearly 8" on the month though...so I'm not complaining. Wouldn't have minded a decent storm though just for some excitement. I probably jinxed it by opening the window to listen to it roll in. Could hear the thunder when that line was still back west of 91.

11 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I wonder why the weather service wasn’t seeing the same things today that several others here have been pointing out on this forum since yesterday that seemed to make this a long shot for most of us?

HRRR probably swayed some. But, the Bruce Willis Flags were there yesterday.