Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Thread - New England

TalcottWx

25 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

@powderfreakanother Woodstock special for you

Alas I had to come back north to VT but will be heading back down for a few more days end of next work week.

Hopefully it’ll be a bit sunnier that time around, though today looked like a great day as we left lol.  Definitely trying to get down there to see family a bit more this year.  I think I’ll try to go twice in August to.

Of course once back in Stowe we almost hit a bear with the car.  Was so happy to avoid that as in the rear view mirror we watched three cubs run across the road after mama.  Not sure what I would’ve done if we hit the bear that ran out in front of us only to find cubs waiting in the high grass.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Nah just general SNE near warm front. It's not eye opening, but a warm front, some hints of convection, decent LLJ, humid etc. Something to watch.

There will be that triple point nearby...sometimes I think you see some on social media "hype up" the triple point or incorrectly assess as a triple point but this is an actual triple point. With theta-e values ~350K and PWATS ~2K there is going to be some ample llvl instability so any updraft that can become mature certainly will have lots to utilize.