Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SVR-PRE (ELSA) potential NYC subforum Tue-Fri morning July 6-9, 2021

wdrag

1 hour ago, lee59 said:

Well I guess it did over achieve. Just found out the big tree on a small house I own in Levittown, came down. 

May have been some kind of microburst that went through the southeast part of levittown. That is where this house is I own and not only is this big tree down but there's wires down in nearby areas too, from what I am told. 

29 minutes ago, lee59 said:

May have been some kind of microburst that went through the southeast part of levittown. That is where this house is I own and not only is this big tree down but there's wires down in nearby areas too, from what I am told. 

Take a look at some of the local weather flow stations in the area. Must have been something that came up around 5:30-6:00AM. A couple stations in Levittown up to 40mph plus and I gusted to 52 in Seaford.  Most of these weather stations are probably very sheltered and not at 10M, so 40-50mph readings are pretty high. 

https://tempestwx.com/map/40.8322/-97.097/3

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Rt 110 in Melville on Channel 7 now for flooding. Looks like flooded businesses and stuck cars. NW Suffolk and N Nassau got nailed. 

The Meadowbrook was close earlier at m7.   The Wantagh was flooded as well near the Sunrise exit.  Merrick rd was closed in Massapequa.   Sunrise was closed at the Sunrise Mall.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Here visiting Atlantic City.  Beautiful day after heavy showers at night. Skies cleared pretty quickly as the center of Elsa tracked over right over us. Winds weren't much of an issue last night. 

70-75 mph gusts were reported just to the north of there on LBI

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Rt 110 in Melville on Channel 7 now for flooding. Looks like flooded businesses and stuck cars. NW Suffolk and N Nassau got nailed. 

Yep radar estimate shows it well and matches up with my two stations in NE Nassau.  Muttontown with 4.93” and Syosset with 3.86”

E9B22431-D61B-449C-9639-4E18C802CBAF.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, STORMANLI said:

3.30" from Elsa

1.10" from yesterday's thunderstorms

2nd highest 24-hr total I have ever recorded in the multiple locations I called- or tried to call home- (most likely-unless the storms make it here before 350pm) @4.40" 

Filtered sun here now

Wow...I think i got a bit more from the storms north of you...but still very impressive

46 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

It was gusty for sure here, but I didn't hear about much impact  locally.  Does anyone have any peak gust data at Atlantic City?

Yes I am in beach haven west and believe a weak tornado passed over my house. I watched day burst of windo launch my lawn furniture into my fence. 

1 hour ago, uofmiami said:

Yep radar estimate shows it well and matches up with my two stations in NE Nassau.  Muttontown with 4.93” and Syosset with 3.86”

E9B22431-D61B-449C-9639-4E18C802CBAF.png

Nearly 10.00” since June 30-July 1 near the North Shore.

NY-NS-32 
Locust Valley 0.3 E 
Lat: 40.8813 
Lon: -73.5813 
* indicates Multi-Day Accumulation Report
Station         NY-NS-32
Date Precip in.
07/01/2021 0.52
07/02/2021 1.26
07/03/2021 1.67
07/04/2021 --
07/05/2021 --
07/06/2021 --
07/07/2021 0.22
07/08/2021 --
07/09/2021 5.81
Totals :  9.48 in.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah, got only a little over a half inch here. That's ok though ... the ground was still very moist from the heavy storms we had a couple days ago.

That's what I got too. But like you said the storms from a couple days ago more than made up for it.

2 minutes ago, LIWeatherGuy29 said:

Can anyone post a full radar loop of TS Elsie on Long Island? For some reason I can't see the past radar loop on Cod.edu. Thanks

This used to be an easy ask.  Now all I can find are awful radars.  

• Like 1