• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SVR-PRE (ELSA) potential NYC subforum Tue-Fri morning July 6-9, 2021

wdrag

Very heavy downpour here in SW Suffolk with flash flooding developing. Due to the tropical nature of the rainfall, the radar is underestimating the rate of rainfall here. The echoes in orange are more like a red summer thunderstorm. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Very heavy downpour here in SW Suffolk with flash flooding developing. Due to the tropical nature of the rainfall, the radar is underestimating the rate of rainfall here. The echoes in orange are more like a red summer thunderstorm. 

OKX should put radar to VCP 121 but they haven’t. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

OKX should put radar to VCP 121 but they haven’t. 

I have flash flooding here in SW Suffolk with a small lake around my place in the grass. While the Wantagh mesonet may not be under the heaviest band, they picked up 1.00 in just 30 min and are at 2.50 so far.These are some of my heaviest rates of the last few years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Stayed at my dads in south wantagh last night “just in case”, just woke up to basement flooding and a couple large branches down in the backyard. The basement flooding makes sense. What doesn’t are the branches, winds are currently light

I’m in Long Beach for the same reason. So far moderate to heavy rain here but not much wind.