Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SVR-PRE (ELSA) potential NYC subforum Tue-Fri morning July 6-9, 2021

wdrag

6 minutes ago, chrisNJ said:

1.61” today before the current downpour here in Somerset County. Third separate Severe Tstorm warning since 630-7pm. 

What a night...hail, wind, over and inch of rain, constant thunder and lightning...looks like Round Valley didn't screw it up for our area tonight

17 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

What a night...hail, wind, over and inch of rain, constant thunder and lightning...looks like Round Valley didn't screw it up for our area tonight

Over 2” here but not sure how accurate my “Accurite” is. It’s typically close to surrounding stations. 

25 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

I swear ne nj is like a severe t storm/heavy rain hot spot. You guys over there have probably gotten more lightning today than i've had in the past few years

I grew up in Jersey City, near Bayonne, and I can vouch for that.  A lot of CG, and a lot of hail.

Tonight we are all getting shellacked, however.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

I grew up in Jersey City, near Bayonne, and I can vouch for that.  A lot of CG, and a lot of hail.

Tonight we are all getting shellacked, however.

I live in that area. I haven't seen hail today nor tonight. Though alot of wind damage 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

I swear ne nj is like a severe t storm/heavy rain hot spot. You guys over there have probably gotten more lightning today than i've had in the past few years

I've been watching storms on radar for over 20 years and that area in NJ often gets the strongest thunderstorms before they weaken. Storms will almost always weaken before hitting Southwest Nassau County or miss me completely. The better area for Thunderstorms in Nassau County is the north shore such as Port Washington, Westbury through Garden City.

• Like 1

Just now, LIWeatherGuy29 said:

I've been watching storms on radar for over 20 years and that area in NJ often gets the strongest thunderstorms before they weaken. Storms will almost always weaken before hitting Southwest Nassau County or miss me completely. The better area for Thunderstorms in Nassau County is the north shore such as Port Washington, Westbury through Garden City.

Your area is awful for all types of weather

1 minute ago, LIWeatherGuy29 said:

Union county always gets the goods. Hudson county is usually the graveyard for svr wx. Most of us always do well with storms coming from the NW. Storms moving from the south usually produce for us as well

• Like 1