• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Observations

yotaman

Had a high of 94, could have been higher but clouds moved in during the afternoon and kept the temp from climbing any higher. That said, the humidity was very oppressive today. Dew Points stayed in the low 80's all day. Even at 10pm it is still 83/80.

Visiting my wife's family in west-central PA.  It not really that far as the crow flies from NC but the climate is completely different.  Mid 70s today with a brisk N wind.  Back home my PWS registered 2.64 inches today.  I have been having troubles with it lately so not sure if that is real.  Can anyone in east-central NC confirm that there was some heavy rain in the area between 2 and 4 pm?

2 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Visiting my wife's family in west-central PA.  It not really that far as the crow flies from NC but the climate is completely different.  Mid 70s today with a brisk N wind.  Back home my PWS registered 2.64 inches today.  I have been having troubles with it lately so not sure if that is real.  Can anyone in east-central NC confirm that there was some heavy rain in the area between 2 and 4 pm?

Yeah, several rounds of thunderstorms went through Wilson County, one of which was severe. It was pretty much the only game in town though.

12 hours ago, cbmclean said:

That sounds nice, enjoy it up there, I miss it.  Tyour PWS is coirrect, as some storms did fire up on your neck of the woods. Pretty much the only spot in the whole state yesterday. 

Missed all the good stuff this morning. I woke up to TStorm warnings from Guilford East to  Durham Counties around 6-630am. 

Not a drop here. 

The rich get richer though in NE NC and Eastern NC.  My buddy has had storms every day now for a few days. Torrential rains this morning and flooding widespread.  I see we are in the Tstorm watch till 8pm. I have a feeling we will miss out on this too.   Hope Tuesday is the day we get some rain, cuz my lawn needs it

39 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Missed all the good stuff this morning. I woke up to TStorm warnings from Guilford East to  Durham Counties around 6-630am. 

Not a drop here. 

The rich get richer though in NE NC and Eastern NC.  My buddy has had storms every day now for a few days. Torrential rains this morning and flooding widespread.  I see we are in the Tstorm watch till 8pm. I have a feeling we will miss out on this too.   Hope Tuesday is the day we get some rain, cuz my lawn needs it

Same here. Over the last 13 days we’ve seemingly missed out from every direction, more recently just to our east. Only 0.16” in that timespan from one storm that fringed up and a brief shower the other day. Amazing how quickly it can dry out this time of year when it’s in the 90’s everyday 

• jburns unpinned this topic