Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea but I think this comes in on the eastern end of the envelope.

If it comes in around Grand Isle NO will get the surge hard, luckily IDA isn't staying out to sea too long to build up a tremendous surge like Katrina's 20 to 30 foot. Quickly organizing now. Problem may be its strengthing right up to LF. Other issue is will it get so large it actually creates a ridge ahead of it and trends east. Beware the Messenger shuffle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

If it comes in around Grand Isle NO will get the surge hard, luckily IDA isn't staying out to sea too long to build up a tremendous surge like Katrina's 20 to 30 foot. Quickly organizing now. Problem may be its strengthing right up to LF. Other issue is will it get so large it actually creates a ridge ahead of it and trends east. Beware the Messenger shuffle

Wouldn't building of ridge trend it west?

I keep watching the medium range for Ida.  It has been an extremely dry August for me.  1.40" ish.  I am hoping that I can get into the heavy rain path as it rounds the bend this week.  SNE has had more of it's share of rain.  Luckily I had 11" in July so I'm sure the soil is moist down below but at the surface things are browning out.

12 mb pressure fall in last 6 hours, yet despite that rapid deepening the winds remain at 105 mph over that 6 hour period.  I know there is usually a lag between the pressure fall and increased wind speed, but this makes little sense.  Is it possible that the hunter planes may be missing where the strongest winds are?