Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You know ( not "you," the royal 'you') ... I must say, the Tweet-osphere is designed brilliantly.

The act of Tweeting engenders new tweets, because their brevity can only incense the reader. 

They are, by virtue of being too brief, thus impossible as anything other than argumentative.

Ex, the tweet sparks a tweet storm, and then results ...however economically that works,  some kind of financial precipitation falling out with far greater density then the storm in the originally f'ing tweet.

Now, I know - or suspect anyway ... - why he pushed that 'argument' across, but only because there is a weird well-timed, transient blocking ridge that rolls around the TC, from N of Maine ...passing then SE of NS....directing Henri N instead of a NE turn like climo.   Hence, the ana prefix to the etymology of 'nominal' --> normalcy bears some usefulness to the discuss.

That's droll -

But, point is, the total Sandy model is not relavent here.  Sandy was also being captured by a full -bird early season cold trough approaching the E. It also came through the Caribbean as a zygote and intensified significanly S of Cuba ... passing over the island, and "sorta" restrengthening as it moved N, while accelerating, a behavior that is unclear at best whether Henri will do so, too.

This Henri has a fascinating history that is in fact the exact opposite of Sandy.   It started - as far as I recall ...any other sources or accounts certainly welcome - as a cluster of showers S of NS over the cold waters there. It was forced synoptically to move S... as it did over a couple/three days, it slowly got better/deeper convection nearing the g-string. As it passed over the warm sultry sexy source of heat, it finally phase transitions and then we had a depression... It has since parabolically moved back SW ...now seemingly turning W, while [ probably ] nearing or at Cat 1 status.  We'll see...   But as far as what happens going forward, there is only one real larger -scaled synoptic factor the bears resemblance to Sandy and it is - as far as I can tell - related to that blocking node behavior as mentioned above.

We still talking about weather here right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:

This is like a winter storm.   Can't wait for all the 12Z models to move 1000 miles east and weenies to be crushed.   Hopefully the busload of MILFs on the way to see Pickles doesn't turn around :D 

Not happening but I know you were joking. With that said many have not considered the smaller proportions? Tighter windfield mitigating weakening and augmenting impacts?

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, TheBudMan said:

This is like a winter storm.   Can't wait for all the 12Z models to move 1000 miles east and weenies to be crushed.   Hopefully the busload of MILFs on the way to see Pickles doesn't turn around :D 

It could easily be like a winter storm, but much easier to prep for 12-20” of snow vs 5 days without power

2 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I figured this was James gift storm to New England! Miss the guys enthusiasm, he would have Cape Cod evacuations at this point! 

I was just thinking about him. This is the best cape threat in a long time. Regardless of the final track it’s going to be a fun week at north east beach’s 

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It actually tracked across the US as an MCS that came out of Canada .. dropped down into the Atlantic and ginned up into a TS. I saw a fascinating satellite sequence of its track 

Can you provide that so I can dork-drool ?  heh... I love that sort of thing -

But yeah, there's actually an account from way back whence of something similar  - Dr. Frank Colby at UML was telling us, an MCS came off the Mid Atlantic in the 1970s ( I think was the decade ), and it festered off the E.C. and acquired some sort of a hybrid phased physics and then went across the N. Atlantic as a weird bomb and slammed into the British Isles days later.

That's the ultimate butterfly fart CB over Colorado !

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Can you provide that so I can dork-drool ?  heh... I love that sort of thing -

But yeah, there's actually an account from way back whence of something similar  - Dr. Frank Colby at UML was telling us, an MCS came off the Mid Atlantic in the 1970s ( I think was the decade ), and it festered off the E.C. and acquired some sort of a hybrid phased physics and then went across the N. Atlantic as a weird bomb and slammed into the British Isles days later.

That's the ultimate butterfly fart CB over Colorado !

I posted it a few posts down on last page. Did you see it?

49 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Some similarities to the upcoming pattern though the northerly tracks into New England are totally unprecedented. 

It is  -but you know ...   Sandy in totality is not a good analog?  I don't think... But, the observation of a 'left hook' sort of suggest that north motion/oddity is relatable. 

I mean duh - it can happen?  Maybe ( oh shit this'll roll eyes ...) as the climate warms and the Hadley Cell expands we are more likely to end up with left turners and odd N motions that last longer prior to hooking up the westerlies.  

- just a thought