Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

34 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

completely agreed...when you start seeing glaring signals and those signals remain consistent it kinda starts to open eyes. You look at SST's off the coast (and correlate that to SSTA's) and things are beginning to cook. 

One thing that I’m not ready to jump on but has my interest is the “super” long range guidance out there showing both a suppressed zone for African waves to roll off and develop, and a upper level pattern that could favor western Atlantic ridging. 

Everything I’ve seen short of the SST anomalies (which are important) send a signal for an active season. Whether the steering pattern would allow for another anomalously high landfall year remains to be seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Turning into a nice event for the Mainers that really needed it.

Have not checked the Stratus since noon, when there was 0.38" to add to the 0.37" reported to cocorahs in the morning.  Might've had up to another inch since, no truly heavy rain but hours of moderate - like a high-end synoptic event. We take.  :D
Radar says the good stuff ends before 6 PM with only scraps afterward.  With this drink and summer-normal temps* in the days following, the garden should go nuts.

*Tomorrow the mean temp climbs above 65° (76/54) and stays there thru August 9 without ever getting higher than a tiny bit over 66.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

crazy how quickly things dry too...a hour or two after it stopped raining...roads and parking lots dry. You could look outside now and wouldn't even know it rained. 

You could imagine how quickly things turned south and cleared during 1938 cane. 

Basically calm to a few hours of hell back to calm. 

27 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Have not checked the Stratus since noon, when there was 0.38" to add to the 0.37" reported to cocorahs in the morning.  Might've had up to another inch since, no truly heavy rain but hours of moderate - like a high-end synoptic event. We take.  :D
Radar says the good stuff ends before 6 PM with only scraps afterward.  With this drink and summer-normal temps* in the days following, the garden should go nuts.

*Tomorrow the mean temp climbs above 65° (76/54) and stays there thru August 9 without ever getting higher than a tiny bit over 66.

Back edge coming thru now, Tipper says 2.56" for the event total, Will have to check the stratus, Usually ends up a few cents off either side.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Back edge coming thru now, Tipper says 2.56" for the event total, Will have to check the stratus, Usually ends up a few cents off either side.

Getting crushed well up into your state. Finished with 1.84” here.

Two-system total was 1.79", with about 1" in 5 hours from Elsa yesterday afternoon.  Still more data coming into cocorahs, but earlier I checked 2-day totals and found only one - Readfield, about 15 miles to my south - with less (1.72") and my crosstown neighbor matching my total exactly.  July now up to 3.03".  Total for May-June was 2.78".