Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Temps regionwide have dropped all day. Watch them roar back this afternoon as sun comes out 

This is a geek's paradise for that sort of nuanced observation - yeah.

Arc has finished in NYC and even the western 1/3 of LI is in the clear.  High res vis loop suggests one last arcing high level band SW of the city down there in NE Jersey then it's open sky in in a 576 dm thcikness bath?

Yeah, the NAM has 28 C at T1 at Logan nearing 00z so... that would support a Midtown temp of 90 F... I suggest that gradates to 74 up here where I am, but even I may get a burst of slant sun between 5 and sunset here. 

Anyway, it's interesting that a backside cyclone is warmer - we see that sometimes anyway... when there is colder air in the front sector of cyclones, but ...this isn't that type of cyclone, and the air mass thermally is mirrored

still waiting for that signature roaring rain din ...  It's only been thus far light to moderate here in Ayer.   It's cool feeling - rather refreshing. Like a cool drink of water. Feels autumnal.  This lead air mass will fight to the bitter end - and win under the sounding probably.  Just guessin' will see if we disk this thing over top tho -

I wonder if this keeps doing this tho.  Where ground truth keeps dematerializing to lighter posh as it sweeps NW in these arcs, and every time we look at the radar, it's just about to really set in... Heh.   I could see that.  495 hard as a pedestrian cut-off.   Mind you half kidding - not a forecast or nuttin'

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

still waiting for that signature roaring rain din ...  It's only been thus far light to moderate here in Ayer.   It's cool feeling - rather refreshing. Like a cool drink of water. Feels autumnal.  This lead air mass will fight to the bitter end - and win under the sounding probably.  Just guessin' will see if we disk this thing over top tho -

I wonder if this keeps doing this tho.  Where ground truth keeps dematerializing to lighter posh as it sweeps NW in these arcs, and every time we look at the radar, it's just about to really set in... Heh.   I could see that.  495 hard as a pedestrian cut-off.   Mind you half kidding - not a forecast or nuttin'

we've been dryslutted all day. Just like winter. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I have to state the obvious.  Reporting on this ain't at all as fun as reporting snow rates/flake size/accumulation.

Just sayin'.

1.68"

That's all you have for the day? Lots of places in the area three or over.