Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

45 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Have any examples from this century?

Hamden got destroyed a couple years back my friend. Tornadoes criss-crossing this state the last few years destroying many homes/infrastructure.  

Isaias  just a lil over 10 months ago did a job on this state.

Octobomb of 2011…10-12” of solid cement snow on the 29th that destroyed power and trees everywhere, no power fir 10-20 days.

Sandy the very next year destroyed even more stuff!!  And that’s just the last decade. Shall we go on?  Or is that enough to chew on for a while.  Winter is a whiole nother story as well. 

You need to stay up on this stuff pal.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, dendrite said:

More like dying convection. Kinda feeling wagons south with tomorrow morning. Maybe your longitude helps.

Eh, This hasn't looked very good from the get go unless it would have tracked to my west, The grinch storm last year makes this look like a passing shower.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Hamden got destroyed a couple years back my friend. Tornadoes criss-crossing this state the last few years destroying many homes/infrastructure.  

Isaias  just a lil over 10 months ago did a job on this state.

Octobomb of 2011…10-12” of solid cement snow on the 29th that destroyed power and trees everywhere, no power fir 10-20 days.

Sandy the very next year destroyed even more stuff!!  And that’s just the last decade. Shall we go on?  Or is that enough to chew on for a while.  Winter is a whiole nother story as well. 

You need to stay up on this stuff pal.  

I thought the “Hamden destroyed” thing was in 1989? Just because CT’s Africa-tier infrastructure is “heavily damaged” by certain storms does not mean that those storms were necessarily very strong or damaging themselves. CT’s risk of severe and damaging weather is no different than most other northeast states. My place in MD has days long power outages sometimes when a tree falls down. That doesn’t mean I was hit by a hurricane. It means our local power grid was built in 1908. 

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I thought the “Hamden destroyed” thing was in 1989? Just because CT’s Africa-tier infrastructure is “heavily damaged” by certain storms does not mean that those storms were necessarily very strong or damaging themselves. CT’s risk of severe and damaging weather is no different than most other northeast states. My place in MD has days long power outages sometimes when a tree falls down. That doesn’t mean I was hit by a hurricane. It means our local power grid was built in 1908. 

It was in 1989, and then again a few years ago..both were very bad. F-3 in 89, and close to that a couple years back too. There’s been quite a few very damaging events the last decade alone Phin. Octobomb was historic! So was Superstorm/Hurricane Sandy! So was Isaias. These storms were devastating here…legitimately so.  

The Hamden tornado damage a few years back was very impressive in its own right for SNE.  

So you asked for examples, and I gave you quite a list over the last 10 years. even if our infrastructure/power grid was fabulous..these storms would have  still been historic/very severe. So we’ve had our share of late of severe/damaging weather. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

If this little storm causes 100,000 outages in CT and very little damage elsewhere does that mean it hit Cat 3 status briefly over the state? Seems to be the logic at play here. 

What the heck are you talking about? 

I gave you several super legit examples the last decade.  I’m not saying this T.S. Coming is bad at all. I gave you examples/facts about severe and damaging weather this century as you asked.  So your comment about mostly benign weather all the time in CT was quite inaccurate.   

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think the corridor from BDR to HFD to LWM down to about my hood to GON could get a hell of a drink. Somewhere in there is getting 3-4+. Also need to watch for spinners near and east of track. 

the rain shield looks pretty far west near dc

• Confused 1