Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2021

WxWatcher007

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

You still need rain?

Last weekend helped, but I’d like another few inches to get the deeper soil saturated. I’m tired of watering this spring and I want my trees rooting deep down and not relying on surface moisture. 

Even though we’ve been in a drought up here I do maintain soil moisture a bit better relative to other spots in my area being on a northern forested slope. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ray is big dog or bust. You know this lol. 

Tropical quiets down after this but there's a robust signal for a big peak starting in August IMO. Steering pattern TBD.

I would be all in on a bonafide tropical event impacting the area, but this is the same crap that we always get....at least give me a Bob or Gloria deal.

Pretty good rule of thumb that impact will be tempered when you have a minimal tropical system traversing land for hundreds of miles before veering across the southern half of the region.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would be all in on a bonafide tropical event impacting the area, but this is the same crap that we always get. At least give me a Bob or Gloria deal.

Pretty good rule of thumb that impact will be tempered when you have a minimal tropical system traversing land for hundreds of miles before veering across the southern half of the region.

Don't disagree with any of that. Been a while since we've gotten a cane up here. An active peak gives us the best odds and I think the peak will be active again this year.  

If Elsa hits right we could see some flooding issues in CT due to the wet period we've seen, but other than that I'm not expecting anything particularly noteworthy here. 

Interesting combination of factors. Over 4" of rain so far this month. Trees have been uprooting with minimal wind (e.g., gusts 30-35mph) from these thunderstorms. I'll be curious to see what more rain and wind does. In the past week here are dozens of new trees lining the shores of the Quabbin.