Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

16 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Did you retire out there or something? Jealous. 

Semi-retired, still work on some projects here and there. After my first experience living in the southwest for a few years, I never wanted to go back to the New England climate, so I knew this was always going to be my home eventually.

15 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I see a definitive pattern change on the way. The hemisphere moves away from the anomalous R-wave ridge-trough .. to something- not sure the models/ens means know where to go really.  That look out there almost seems like a waiting pattern for a signal to re-emerge, or assert anew either way. Either way, I don't see a longitudinal ridge along and S of 40 N as being very stable.  I also find it interesting that some recent operational Euro and GFS are signaling another retrograde warm front event, similar to what transpired once or twice back in June - in both occasions, preceding a WAR retrograde.

I wonder if it will be something that at least tries to salvage the small remainder of summer, or if it ends up more like that horrid July period where NE gets hosed.

Not sure if this is all 100% accurate , especially high temps when the sensors get a bit extra sun and dews tend to run a bit high at times compared to  BDL, CEF, etc  but this is the closest closest PWS in my area of Enfield in July. Definitely the wettest month since I've been living here for sure.  

July 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021

High Low Average

Temperature 95.0 °F 55.4 °F 70.8 °F

Dew Point 79.1 °F 54.0 °F 65.9 °F

Humidity 99 % 35 % 86 %

Precipitation 16.01 in 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Never seen it flood so bad in downtown Manchester, water just pouring from every direction into the shopping district into businesses--torrents. There isn't really a main river near downtown, so it takes a ton of water to flood it. Took a quick trip and the guy I talked to said I missed the worst of the flash flooding too by about 10 mins.

The backyard river is raging, almost shaking the ground. So much for the .40" modeled.  Ha

It looks like another round of heavy rain is headed your way.

If you’re going to get a TC up here you need a synoptic setup similar to Tues to Friday, next week. That’s a window for big rains *if* the sleeping tropics could stir something up off the SE coast. A stalled frontal boundary on guidance shows the potential. 

91A9DDB8-DDB5-4E22-9668-3D45C19CE555.png

MJO to phase 8 and timed with a significant pump of the WAR. It’s as if Kevin has written the script for next week. 

970DD29B-C7F4-4827-B8ED-C72DB00E25D0.gif

B29113FD-0A19-4B9C-9C9C-82CFF59AF66D.gif

• Like 3