Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

10.04 here. I see 15 to 16 inch amounts near Kevin and in the southern Berks EMass

Yeah, rain totals tales off towards my area in SE MA and the Cape.  Still a crazy amount of rain for a month.  What a blessing this has been for gardens/lawns.  No baked lawns this year.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, rain totals tales off towards my area in SE MA and the Cape.  Still a crazy amount of rain for a month.  What a blessing this has been for gardens/lawns.  No baked lawns this year.

Yea lots of mowing. We have a dehumidifier in our converted from a 2 car attached garage to a dog grooming room basement. I was emptying the damn thing 4 times a day. The drain bucket is 5 gallons. We live on a hill so the foundation is exposed there. The finished basement 15 by 25 bedroom foundation is underground,  that dehumidifier put out a pint a day.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yea lots of mowing. We have a dehumidifier in our converted from a 2 car attached garage to a dog grooming room basement. I was emptying the damn thing 4 times a day. The drain bucket is 5 gallons. We live on a hill so the foundation is exposed there. The finished basement 15 by 25 bedroom foundation is underground,  that dehumidifier put out a pint a day.

I've let mine go and I've only had to mow twice this month.  It's not growing like crazy since I haven't dropped any fertilizer in over a month now.  I want to say I last did it in mid-June.  Lawn this year not a huge priority with all the construction work going on around outside.  Hoping by end of August that I can start some.  Been doing a lot of youtube watching to learn best ins and out to a better lawn without the major effort.

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It feels like October here at Pit2.  

Not sure what the deal is with the wind....GYX forecast is for 5mph.  Meanwhile, it's whistling through the boat stays.  Casting a lure is an exercise in futility.

63F and breezy/raw here too.  We'll get summer back here by September...October.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

It feels like October here at Pit2.  

Not sure what the deal is with the wind....GYX forecast is for 5mph.  Meanwhile, it's whistling through the boat stays.  Casting a lure is an exercise in futility.

Kastmaster would cut thru the wind nicely, especially in the larger (striper) size.

July is -2.3 thru yesterday, with maxima -5.4 and minima +0.8.  Still in the running for July's smallest average diurnal range (currently 15.5° and lowest is 16.8° in 2009), though I think these last 4 days may include some tall ranges, especially Saturday.

• Like 1

Trough for this weekend is minoring out some, btw.  Has the complexion in both the operational Euro and GFS ( shockingly... ) to really just cease momentum and stop digging.

It's interesting.  The pattern in the operational models appears to be responding to the multi- guidance complexion of a rising NAO ...more so than that odd looking +PNA spire. Not sure what to make of the latter - it's seemingly historic in proportion in that outlook, heavily clustered too.   

I wonder if the GEFs calculation ( CPC ) is just wrong and the server needs a reboot - that's just not seemingly possible given the state of the Pacific, nor the climatology this time of year, but we'll see. 

It seems pretty clear to me that the heat in the west has helped mechanize why we are cool here over the last 20 or so days -.  That is feeding back at hemispheric scales and forcing a trough into the Lakes.  Basically the heat dome forces the flow SE over the Lakes as a geostrophic balancing/argument...

...which given time, causes heights to rise ( subtly ) and a +NAO response.  We see then the activation of the WAR signal in the D7-10 range now - it's really a non-linear large scale wave mechanics in action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1