Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

43 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i know DIT and especially the Troll Tiger say they love the dewy weather, but there is no way either of them are enjoying this. Outside activities, particularly on the weekends, have been mostly a fail.

I honestly have loved this. Other than 4th weekend . That sucks . I hate cold in summer. Other than that it’s been warm with high dews everyday and more thunderstorms than I could ever have dreamed of . Severe wx, lightning .. dews.. not having to bundle up at sundown . There’s even been some 90 + degree days thrown in around the area. I do not get the complaining unless…. Folks want to tan . Scooter spent the whole day at the beach Saturday lol. This past weekend was as deep summer as you get. 80’s, dews in the mid to even upper 70’s, tons of convection and plenty of sun after about mid morning 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i know DIT and especially the Troll Tiger say they love the dewy weather, but there is no way either of them are enjoying this. Outside activities, particularly on the weekends, have been mostly a fail.

We are still trying to be outdoor and active with our kid but it just gets a little bit depressing going days and days without sunshine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Only redeeming value to this weather pattern is I’ve had more t-storms in a month than I have in a year. Aside from that just pure misery.. 

None this month at my place.  Farthest into July I've gone w/o a TS here is 20 days.  Apart from the tree-blaster 55 yards from the house on 3/26 and another hit within 1/2 mile a couple minutes later, we've not had a strike within 3 miles in almost a year.

I was reticent to involve in the whole 'worst summer of all time' narrative that emerged like mushrooms out of the disenchanted peat ...

But, I'm willing to nod to the notion of it this claiming July.  And I did not see this happening - not even remotely really.

It seems this murk we are experiencing in abundance over the last two weeks is a node between WAR and western N/A excessively expressing +PNAP.  This has been in situ really since the big-like heat of the last week of June broke, we've been struggling to get away from this, but ultimately failing.  At other times like yesterday and this morning, "submerged" in it is apropos!

PNAP means "perennial north American pattern" in this context, which is not the same as PNA, or Pacific -North American.   The perennial, or 'baseline' climate circulation mode over north America features a modest ridge bulge over the west, and a sort of asymptotic slope into an exit nadir over the Atlantic.  Since roughly July 1 that has been in an exaggerated structure, regardless of the PNA, which was in both positive and negative modes, yet this +PNAP anomaly persisted through either.

But, consequentially, we seem to have wound up in a neggie node here.  This whole trough ordeal is really more like a weakness than a trough. In fact, looking at the ensemble initialization of either the EPS, GEFs, or GEPs ... we are in a ubiquitous neutral to positive anomaly in the non-hydrostatic heights everywhere over mid latitudes of N/A during this last 5 days.  Yet, we are getting all this disproportionately persisting sludge parked specifically right here. The circulation around this region at times seems quick ... but the axis of it, itself, has moved some 300 naut miles ...or about 5 deg of longitude, in 72 hours!  That's a planetary fixed feature. 

image.thumb.png.4ffad14b8c347dcf8309cc906de64fb1.png

I am not sure if that is going to be the rest of the summer.  It may.  I don't know. But it is and has been the present 10 day to 2-week predicament of semi-persistence, having replaced the cyclic positive anomalies of June. 

Re that: there were four definitive ridge anomalies in the east from mid to late May to the end of June, and so far, none in July - at least that I can recall. I have seen them modeled, yup - but then within a couple .. few cycles, the structures always just collapsed back to this or variations of this, above.

Be that as it may, tomorrow is a sneaking huge day-to-day change.  That's the other aspect about this.  We are managing to put together some really impressive intra-weekly temperature changes somehow by way of having this look in the means, when none of it has really been CAA transporting - by nature of the 'fake' or faux mechanics of it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tamarack said:

None this month at my place.  Farthest into July I've gone w/o a TS here is 20 days.  Apart from the tree-blaster 55 yards from the house on 3/26 and another hit within 1/2 mile a couple minutes later, we've not had a strike within 3 miles in almost a year.

That’s brutal. I imagine in a normal summer you folks do pretty well up there?

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was reticent to involve in the whole 'worst summer of all time' narrative that emerged like mushrooms out of the disenchanted peat ...

But, I'm willing to nod to the notion of it this claiming July.  And I did not see this happening - not even remotely really.

It seems this murk we are experiencing in abundance over the last two weeks is a node between WAR and western N/A excessively expressing +PNAP.  This has been in situ really since the big-like heat of the last week of June broke, we've been struggling to get away from this, but ultimately failing.  At other times like yesterday and this morning, "submerged" in it is apropos!

PNAP means "perennial north American pattern" in this context, which is not the same as PNA, or Pacific -North American.   The perennial, or 'baseline' climate circulation mode over north America features a modest ridge bulge over the west, and a sort of asymptotic slope into an exit nadir over the Atlantic.  Since roughly July 1 that has been in an exaggerated structure, regardless of the PNA, which was in both positive and negative modes, yet this +PNAP anomaly persisted through either.

But, consequentially, we seem to have wound up in a neggie node here.  This whole trough ordeal is really more like a weakness than a trough. In fact, looking at the ensemble initialization of either the EPS, GEFs, or GEPs ... we are in a ubiquitous neutral to positive anomaly in the non-hydrostatic heights everywhere over mid latitudes of N/A during this last 5 days.  Yet, we are getting all this disproportionately persisting sludge parked specifically right here. The circulation around this region at times seems quick ... but the axis of it, itself, has moved some 300 naut miles ...or about 5 deg of longitude, in 72 hours!  That's a planetary fixed feature. 

image.thumb.png.4ffad14b8c347dcf8309cc906de64fb1.png

I am not sure if that is going to be the rest of the summer.  It may.  I don't know. But it is and has been the present 10 day to 2-week predicament of semi-persistence, having replaced the cyclic positive anomalies of June. 

Re that: there were four definitive ridge anomalies in the east from mid to late May to the end of June, and so far, none in July - at least that I can recall. I have seen them modeled, yup - but then within a couple .. few cycles, the structures always just collapsed back to this or variations of this, above.

Be that as it may, tomorrow is a sneaking huge day-to-day change.  That's the other aspect about this.  We are managing to put together some really impressive intra-weekly temperature changes just for having this look in the means, and none of it has really been a CAA transport by nature of the 'fake' or faux mechanics of it.

Reminds me a lot of winter. Trough overhead but no CP air masses to be found.

High temps are BN when we’re socked in but just about across the board, dews are way up and night time temps are at/above normal.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I honestly have loved this. Other than 4th weekend . That sucks . I hate cold in summer. Other than that it’s been warm with high dews everyday and more thunderstorms than I could ever have dreamed of . Severe wx, lightning .. dews.. not having to bundle up at sundown . There’s even been some 90 + degree days thrown in around the area. I do not get the complaining unless…. Folks want to tan . Scooter spent the whole day at the beach Saturday lol. This past weekend was as deep summer as you get. 80’s, dews in the mid to even upper 70’s, tons of convection and plenty of sun after about mid morning 

i honestly think you have been lucky south of the pike with temps. my high yesterday was 72.yes, Sat was a good enough day, mid-80's and plenty humid. But up here, those days have been few and far between.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

same here. been quiet, like most past few years with respect to tstorms.

3 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

It's summer, prime-time.  Why wouldn't I enjoy it?  Sure we've had some crap days, but most of the time has been warm and humid, almost no cool and dry weather at all.  I never understood why people complain about weather, especially the winter fiends inJanuary and not snowing every day.  At least it's winter (if you enjoy that)

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Reminds me a lot of winter. Trough overhead but no CP air masses to be found.

High temps are BN when we’re socked in but just about across the board, dews are way up and night time temps are at/above normal.

Yeah ...it more so appears the neutralization of anomalies is more likely attributed to clouds abundance under this non-hydrostatic nadir/ DP collecting pool.

Really, the metaphor works.   It festers.  There is no scouring CAA of 48 F DP with 26 mph NW katabatic streamline drying going on.  We keep smearing out these wet intervals into what's coming tomorrow.   88/ 74 ...  The next nadir either arrives, but really 'emerges' out of the non-linear wave mechanics of the negative region between the WAR and west ridge nodes..., train convection and the cycles starts over.

You can already see the next oscillation setting up for hour 60 -

still, not seeing substantive continental drying that typically happens at our latitude's summers some ~ 7 to 10 day periodicity in the 1900 to 2000 climate.

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...it more so appears the neutralization of anomalies is more likely attributed to clouds abundance under this non-hydrostatic nadir/ DP collecting pool.

Really, the metaphor works.   It festers.  There is no scouring CAA of 48 F DP with 26 mph NW katabatic streamline drying going on.  We keep smearing out these wet intervals into what's coming tomorrow.   88/ 74 ...  The next nadir either arrives, but really 'emerges' out of the non-linear wave mechanics of the negative region between the WAR and west ridge nodes..., train convection and the cycles starts over.

You can already see the next oscillation setting up for hour 60 -

still, not seeing substantive continental drying that typically happens at our latitude's summers some ~ 7 to 10 day periodicity in the 1900 to 2000 climate.

Days and days and days of dews and months and months of dews 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Days and days and days of dews and months and months of dews 

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There is no one on earth who actually likes high humidity when outside. No one. 

:facepalm:   .... although, Kevin claims to like it.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1