Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

15 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If you think our flooding is bad we ain't got nothing on Europe.  Check out some of these pics:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/17/photos-show-disastrous-flooding-in-western-europe.html

That's truly horrible - not often when 1st-world nations have big casualties from a rain event (or a collapsing condo.)
In contrast, the 2 worst floods in Maine since I've lived here, also the record flow for several main stem rivers, were 1987 on the Kennebec and Androscoggin and 2008 on the St. John.  They caused many many millions in damages but afaik there were no fatalities from either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Feb 13 all over again, except I was stuck inside at the lake house with 3 kids under 5.

Off topic note:  Have not seen your name on AFDs for quite a while.  Did you get promoted?  (Or a nice long vacation?)
Light RA the past hour, despite no echoes overhead.  Yesterday's total was 0.60", toward the bottom of Maine precip on cocorahs.

July is going to go down in the anals of all time SNE  s*** shows.

Artful misspelling there.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Off topic note:  Have not seen your name on AFDs for quite a while.  Did you get promoted?  (Or a nice long vacation?)
Light RA the past hour, despite no echoes overhead.  Yesterday's total was 0.60", toward the bottom of Maine precip on cocorahs.

July is going to go down in the anals of all time SNE  s*** shows.

Artful misspelling there.  :lol:

We dream. We also dream.

My wife and I had our second child in April and I took my 12 weeks at home with the family. Timing was nice as all federal employees get this time paid (as of Oct 1), so I could save my time off for a true vacation some day. But between chasing the toddler and changing diapers I didn't have much time to post around here.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Cool and humid may be the worst combo ever.

i know DIT and especially the Troll Tiger say they love the dewy weather, but there is no way either of them are enjoying this. Outside activities, particularly on the weekends, have been mostly a fail.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We dream. We also dream.

My wife and I had our second child in April and I took my 12 weeks at home with the family. Timing was nice as all federal employees get this time paid (as of Oct 1), so I could save my time off for a true vacation some day. But between chasing the toddler and changing diapers I didn't have much time to post around here.

That's excellent, in many ways!

17 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i know DIT and especially the Troll Tiger say they love the dewy weather, but there is no way either of them are enjoying this. Outside activities, particularly on the weekends, have been mostly a fail.

Actually was a nice weekend here in between Tstorms Sat. Yesterday from 10 on was real nice