SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

Just now, mreaves said:

I think it’ll be close. 
image.thumb.png.8738a87a3b8ba268e035b81f32cefa45.png

Yeah it depends on how showery that backside stuff is.  Whether it holds together or falls apart as to if we can get outside today at all.

We've been under some pretty solid 1/4"-1/2" per hour rain at times that added up.  It is crazy how this will be almost 5" for July, already above the monthly normal, but is 10" less than some in SNE.

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This pattern ****ing blows.

No shyte. My 4 fav months are February, July, August and September. So far July has been a disaster except for a few days here and there. And most of the decent days I was at work. 
If I can find a plus, I haven’t used my irrigation in over a month. The plants in my yard are jungle-esque.

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

No shyte. My 4 fav months are February, July, August and September. So far July has been a disaster except for a few days here and there. And most of the decent days I was at work. 
If I can find a plus, I haven’t used my irrigation in over a month. The plants in my yard are jungle-esque.

It’s bullshit. Another ass day. **** this. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it depends on how showery that backside stuff is.  Whether it holds together or falls apart as to if we can get outside today at all.

We've been under some pretty solid 1/4"-1/2" per hour rain at times that added up.  It is crazy how this will be almost 5" for July, already above the monthly normal, but is 10" less than some in SNE.

Yeah, it’s been pretty consistent here too. It doesn’t do much for motivation, I need to run to the grocery store and just haven’t been able to muster the energy to go out in the rain.  Maybe I’ll be able to get 9 holes in this evening. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We are going deep into Fall with warmth and dews.

Probably  but I hope not.. I love fall and winter.. no use for summer unless we get storms or a rare hurricane.  My friends  think I'm  nuts for hating summer.. I rather be in a Hoodie by the fire drinking a cold one instead of outside in the heat sweating my nads off but thats just me :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

Pictures starting to come in on FB. This is from Belchertown FD. Several roads are "gone."

May be an image of road

Insane.  The Swift river must have gone over its banks because that road abuts it.  If we should get another 3" today it's going to be fooking awful.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Probably  but I hope not.. I love fall and winter.. no use for summer unless we get storms or a rare hurricane.  My friends  think I'm  nuts for hating summer.. I rather be in a Hoodie by the fire drinking a cold one instead of outside in the heat sweating my nads off but thats just me :)

I hope we do. Make up for this nonsense. This is terrible.

• Like 1

Oh so close!   ugh

I just looked at hi res sat loop (vis) and you can see where the warm boundary is - right along the Pike, maaybe 10 mi N.  Anywhere N of that ~ W-E axis is butt packed in mid 60s drizzle and dead air.  Hard to say if it lifts any further N but I'm suspecting/wondering if it's pinned. There is a cyclonic rotation to the cloud field over eastern PA - warm boundaries seldom arc N of cyclone latitudes in SNE - that's like physically insulting to classical mechanics or something lol

S.. probably makes 83/76 just before streams take out more neighborhoods... 

Noticing also the GFS is already attempting to speed up the hemisphere and establish rudimentary R-w signatures .... Oh, here it is, 10 minutes past the f'n solstice and the GFS already thinks it's October.  It's done this the last five years ... mid July and suddenly it has screaming 500 mb polar jet through 55 N in Canada by August 1.

But here's the thing ... it has the right idea - it does.  It's just too early.  I mean there is a reason we have observed so many October snow and/or snow -supportive CAA events prior to Halloween through Thanks giggedy.  

It's because the HC is pressing into the lower Ferril latitudes ...

-->   This increase the ambient gradient at mid and upper levels of the mid latitudes

-->  Speeds up the wind field ( balanced geostrophic gradient )

-->   Increase wind velocity then triggers large scale mechanical wave responses...

-->  The wave positions around the hemisphere will situate according to the same laws that govern how they do so in February; it does not matter.  They don't change just because this whole process, consequentially occurs earlier and earlier in warm seasons.  So, you end up with some sort of highly amplified, albeit strangely early hemisphere CAA events. (Keeping in mind .. this pertains to how CC effects the circulation modes over North America)

Viola... Snow on October 15 thru Dec 1 happens, more frequently then before; the HC expansion counter intuitive response.  But it doesn't last ... Because that gradient becomes so excessive in winter that the R wave distribution becomes mobile and also compressed... so you really get exotic extremes and whole lot of interference patterns ... usually more negative than positive.  

• Like 2