Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s basically visit family, golf and float around on the lake drinking those IPAs until you need a nap from all the relaxing :lol:.  If I’m doing a week long stretch of that though I’m getting on a plane and doing it at some resort somewhere.

Though to be fair, NE CT weather is about the same as a tropical island.  High dews, daily downpours, hot, and large insects.

Where do you golf? Harrisville?

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Or inland Maryland 

Lol . Yes . In winter they can ski.. which anyone can do in CT or any other of the 6 states . In summer where he , he’s landlocked . I guess they can get season passes to Santa’s Village and hope a random ice cream truck passes by their remote home for King Cones . Other than that, they’re Mitch but with a family 

• Haha 1

I know it’s supposed to happen, and the models usually predict it - but it’s always a little disappointing whenever those NW to SE lines of convection die out/move 10 miles north of me. Happens 90% of the time when they originate from W or NW. The Great Wall of Narragansett (Bay) lol…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

Where do you golf? Harrisville?

Grew up as a kid all summer long at the Woodstock 9-Hole Course at Roseland Park and Harrisville.  I always remember Harrisville 20 years ago didn't have much irrigation so in the Stein summers you could hit the ball forever as the fairways were burnt brown.  The ball would run and run and run.

Now we play at Quinnatisset in Thompson and have also done the Raceway Course in Thompson as well in recent years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NH Winter and White mountains blows away Ct.  I would rather live in RI in summer but close enough anyways. 

Misquamicutt was always my favorite as a kid. We’d go maybe 5 days a summer but that was always awesome compared to the inland lake/pond swimming.  Yearning for waves.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Misquamicutt was always my favorite as a kid. We’d go maybe 5 days a summer but that was always awesome compared to the inland lake/pond swimming.  Yearning for waves.

Soon with surf. August and September is surf season. Salt water is so good for your skin and body. I miss RI a lot in summer.  Nothing better than falling asleep listening to waves crashing or impromptu fire pits cooking shellfish and pounding cold ones down. We had so many private spots away from po po and people. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Plainfield Ct  dog track land sold for new Amazon distribution center. 600 jobs. Good stuff

What no 140,000-seat domed racetrack ? Seemed like a plan to me.

"The race track closed in May 2005 and the property bought the next year for $7.5 million by the BVS company, a subsidiary of the Fairfield-based Starwood Cerruzi firm.

The Ceruzzi purchase ended plans for a 140,000-seat domed racetrack, floated by Trumbull-based developer Gene Arganese.

In June 2006, Arganese sued the town after the Planning and Zoning Commission reversed its decision to create a resort-recreation zone on the property. The zone change would have accommodated Arganese’s planned $400 million NASCAR-style domed racetrack on adjacent dog track property."

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What no 140,000-seat domed racetrack ? Seemed like a plan to me.

"The race track closed in May 2005 and the property bought the next year for $7.5 million by the BVS company, a subsidiary of the Fairfield-based Starwood Cerruzi firm.

The Ceruzzi purchase ended plans for a 140,000-seat domed racetrack, floated by Trumbull-based developer Gene Arganese.

In June 2006, Arganese sued the town after the Planning and Zoning Commission reversed its decision to create a resort-recreation zone on the property. The zone change would have accommodated Arganese’s planned $400 million NASCAR-style domed racetrack on adjacent dog track property."

Yes apparently Arganese was a scammer and didn't have the capital. That 7.5 million purchase was sold for 3.7, damn what a loss. 

• Like 1