Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
As wet as we
have been the first two weeks of July, am not seeing many days
without at least a chance for some showers and thunderstorms.
That said, not looking like a total washout this entire time.
The greatest risk for showers and thunderstorms will be during
the afternoon and evening hours each day.

Humidity will be on the high side, if not outright tropical at
times. 

So they are saying afternoons and early evenings when people want to do things outside, sounds wonderful.  Let me melt down lol. Fuk high dews clouds and rain so done with them. Give me some COC I need it like a nympho who has gone years without. Lol at least the Euro and GFS show some light at the end of the long dark tunnel. By the way gorgeous morning 65/63

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Today I am going to enjoy already set up the deck for a day of pool, cranking tunes, card games, food and Iced Coffee. Maybe an edible or 2 to add to the vibe.

What is your pool temp at?  Ours is only 70F (using 2 cheap thermometers). 
My work was cancelled for today so some mowing and patio work in store

Heck a couple of the small summer squash rotted on the lower end of the plant. Others are fine,tomato plants are absolutely huge over 7 feet but only flowers. Had a bad Japanese beetle problem on the Broccoli but was able to pick two full heads. Hopefully fixed the beetle problem with a mixture of fire pit ash, water, and some insecticide. Wouldn't want to be a farmer this summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man … Does anyone know anything about window AC brackets or these ace braces ?

My main living area AC failed and need to get a new one but I also happen to get new upgraded modern vinyl window replacements that unfortunately are not AC- ready

Kind of pissed off actually.  I was clear that I needed them to be and then I got all these installed and they’re not f*n assholes. 

I’m just sick of being conned into buying shit that’s white-washed as what I need but it’s not quite right. Need a solution that is right for AC install into replacement windows 

what is used for this:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d1b508fedd4f7bc96760be0ce2e39d2.jpeg

This will work with vinyl replacement windows if you can't make something yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Ivation-Conditioner-Mounting-Support-Bracket/dp/B07CZH178M/ref=pd_lpo_201_t_0/132-2913667-3794760?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CZH178M&pd_rd_r=8acf0bc2-38d1-4999-9983-7fe08716a771&pd_rd_w=1y1Va&pd_rd_wg=PHoTe&pf_rd_p=fb1e266d-b690-4b4f-b71c-bd35e5395976&pf_rd_r=W2TA9NM8P4TWWYEZ5GMJ&psc=1&refRID=W2TA9NM8P4TWWYEZ5GMJ

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

So they are saying afternoons and early evenings when people want to do things outside, sounds wonderful.  Let me melt down lol. Fuk high dews clouds and rain so done with them. Give me some COC I need it like a nympho who has gone years without. Lol at least the Euro and GFS show some light at the end of the long dark tunnel. By the way gorgeous morning 65/63

We've been through this, most people have their cookouts around 1:00 and are preparing for bed around 5:00. At least in Northern Connecticut.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hammerz_nailz said:

Yes! 

Now we're getting "warm" - well, hopefully cooler..  But yeah.   This is what I had in mind when I first asked about the "AC brackets" -

I'll start my solution research here - thx!

Course, I have a fuzzy caveman feeling that as soon as I finally complete my state of the art a new AC install that is both secure and insulated, that is when summer will affectedly end - one way or the other. 

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Man … Does anyone know anything about window AC brackets or these ace braces ?

My main living area AC failed and need to get a new one but I also happen to get new upgraded modern vinyl window replacements that unfortunately are not AC- ready

Kind of pissed off actually.  I was clear that I needed them to be and then I got all these installed and they’re not f*n assholes. 

I’m just sick of being conned into buying shit that’s white-washed as what I need but it’s not quite right. Need a solution that is right for AC install into replacement windows 

what is used for this:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d1b508fedd4f7bc96760be0ce2e39d2.jpeg

Don't use brackets, And don't make holes in the new window casings or windows, I did all new vinyl replacements and i cut some 1x4 pine down to 1x3x32" in length to fit the outside window jam so the AC rest on the wood not the vinyl window jam, Ill post a pic in a bit, Its easy and effective.

• Like 1