Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

6 minutes ago, klw said:

The ingredients for me tend to be cool weather, longer run, shirt wet from rain or sweat.  Bodyglide pre-run usually mitigates the risk, so does my podiatrists I can't run at the moment (9+ months at this point)

Yeah .. it’s on runs over 5 miles and sweat . I am a profuse sweater . I’ve had bloody nips in all 7 of my marathons . No matter how much Vaseline I smear on them . And when that shower water first hits them.. Katy bar the door in pain

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Round is a shape...

Talking about a shape

The priest when I met up with him in regards to my wedding ask my fiancee and I if we were a shape what would we be and why. He also asked us what color and animal would we be and why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah .. it’s on runs over 5 miles and sweat . I am a profuse sweater . I’ve had bloody nips in all 7 of my marathons . No matter how much Vaseline I smear on them . And when that shower water first hits them.. Katy bar the door in pain

When my FIL was training for a marathon (late '70s, he was in his 50s), he'd cover the nips with tape. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

My biggest fear. When I am at places watching storms come in (airport, golf course, open field) I am super conscious of the lightning. I usually stay quite close to my car and as soon as I either start seeing an increase in CG's or CG's get a bit closer I get inside the car. I remember one time (don't remember the year maybe like early 2010's) we had a severe thunderstorm move through West Hartford and my brother and I went on a walk to look for damage. We had waited until the storm well quite a distance away. All of a sudden we saw this insanely close CG which looked to hit something and we both freaked and just ran onto someone's porch for cover lol.

While in Oklahoma standing in an open field watching a supercell that was 20 miles away the anvil threw out a massive positive CG so close that we heard the air sizzle before the actual strike. Have heard that twice in my life.

• Like 1

actually the sun is cleaving through here..

the mid and high gunk was not well modeled by the NAM and other short range guidance ...It capped the low levels from morning insolation so... that's why the morning busted a bit cooler than guidance.

It may late recover - not sure what the bounce ability of this air mass is.  My guess is not huge - considering it's a mixture of toxic Labrador sludge and high DP rot from the M/A.

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

20210714_081812.jpg

What could possibly go wrong dropping that? lol

Side note, I had to get a new saw this spring. After years of Husqvarna I decided to try Stihls. Both obviously do the trick. Then I tried the Echo Timberwolf. HOLY @#%^.  Same price, feels like a ton more power, and a 5 year warranty. I never would have thought they could make a saw that competes with the two big names but they have. Would highly recommend. 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Runners have disgusting legs. All swollen and veiny. 

Distance runners are Atrophied of leg muscle usually 

the higher the distance the more atrophy. Look at Olympic distance runners, hardly any quad , hamstring or glute  muscle . Then look at the sprinters- jacked legs and Glutes.

Direct correlation as you go from sprinters to distance runners (amongst the medaled athlete’s/ really the entire field ) you atrophy more muscle the higher the distance you participate in . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hopefully we start seeing some more sun.  Would like to use the pool some more.  Have spent more time draining/maintaining it than I have using it.  During the heat it had gotten up to the mid 80s, now it's barely cracking 70F.

Juat got out, makes a nice Japanese Beetle trap ugh. Water is 71 felt great after some morning weeding of the gardens. Manky as hell out here.

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m going to have to soon.  Takes a lot of effort to go up the mountains every day in order to have a couple beers lol.

I find it easier to go down the mountain after a couple. For example, I did my MCL after snagging a tree on the bobsled track out to the 19th hole at Mad River. Went down to the lodge pounded Lawson SOSs until I didn't notice it, then proceeded to lap the stuff out past Paradise. Great day! Next day and weeks sucked though lol

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

About 20 miles per week for me does the trick . Have to burn the calories no doubt 

I used to do 3 10ks a week to stay in shape for hockey, but after a year I started feeling it in my ankles and knees. Think I am just not built for it. My wife recently decided to pull the trigger on a peloton and I now understand the hype and probably use it more than she does. 

• Like 2