Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol well most if us don't have to sweat out multiple IPAs every morning.  I chainsawed and worked in the garden all day and guaranteed did more work than you did all day. Runners sweat in the winter lol

A 20 minute power walk and back to  the AC pretending like they completed the Ironman.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Drunk? I have about 15 downed trees to cut up plus the oaks Eversource took down. Abandoned cars? This isn't your home town of Vernon. People take pride here 

Can you please post pics in the daylight tomorrow of the 15 downed trees? I’d just like to evaluate the scene .. to see how to attack it.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can you please post pics in the daylight tomorrow of the 15 downed trees? I’d just like to evaluate the scene .. to see how to attack it.

Like this:

Cut down the tree, saw into pieces, load pieces on trailer, unload pieces from trailer, split pieces into smaller pieces, stack pieces.

wood1.jpg

wood2.jpg

wood3.jpg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With dews in the mid and upper 60’s? That’s insane . Is she wasted ? Damp and humid. You don’t gown up with winter clothes in humid weather lol

It’s showing 64F here.  Would be hard to have an upper 60s dew I would think.  And no, she isn’t going for a 5-mile run right now.  If she was, I bet she’d be in shorts, lol.  

I dunno man, just doesn’t feel “summer” but to each their own.  Do you have your A/C cranking?

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am in sales. I work and I travel 

So you leave your AC house get in your AC car drive to a AC medical facility then back in the AC car to an AC brewery for liquid lunch back to your AC car back to an AC medical facility the back to your AC car then finally back to your AC house.  I am surprised you survived this summer. Sounds ridiculously strenuous. 

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s showing 64F here.  Would be hard to have an upper 60s dew I would think.  And no, she isn’t going for a 5-mile run right now.  If she was, I bet she’d be in shorts, lol.  

I dunno man, just doesn’t feel “summer” but to each their own.  Do you have your A/C cranking?

This was his temp dp this morning at 5 for his run. Absolutely brutal.  

Screenshot_20210713-214156_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Everyone on this board, and on tv, and in the NWS, wants to hold New Englanders to Louisiana standards for Dew Point. I've been doing a lot of runs in this 65 deg / 63 dp weather, and let me tell you, it is a total soaking. Absolutely nuked with sweat and dew. RELATIVE humidity is still a thing. We don't have to wait until dews reach 70 to call it muggy. I hate when the TV mets call 62 dp, a touch muggy, a bit humid, etc. It's DANK and JUICED. 

For sure vigorous activity will lead to an overall hotter experience than someone sitting idle outside.  I sweat skinning up the mountain in January and definitely get drenched going up 2,000 verts with dews in the 60s, its exercise.  No argument lol.

It is funny though, I just told my wife if she would go for a 3-5 mile run right now she’d think it was hot and humid.  She replies “Are you high right now? What the f*ck are you talking about.” :lol: 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

For sure vigorous activity will lead to an overall hotter experience than someone sitting idle outside.  I sweat skinning up the mountain in January and definitely get drenched going up 2,000 verts with dews in the 60s, its exercise.  No argument lol.

It is funny though, I just told my wife if she would go for a 3-5 mile run right now she’d think it was hot and humid.  She replies “Are you high right now? What the f*ck are you talking about.”

Some people need to move to Arizona so they don't sweat while exercising.lol 61/61 brutal this morning 

• Like 1

As a mid-Atlantic resident, I only check in on this forum a few times a year.  A couple of times in winter to live vicariously when you are puking dendrites while we got freezing drizzle for 9 hours, and also the week before me and my family make our annual trip to Martha’s Vineyard.  Man, I just read through about 20 pages of absolute misery.  It sounds like this summer has been torture for many of you.  I am looking forward to 68/66 to provide some relief from our 97/83.  If we can squeeze out 4 days with sun I will be ecstatic.  What are the odds?  We will be on MV from 7/16-7-23.  Reversion to the mean has to kick in at some point, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PWC Split said:

As a mid-Atlantic resident, I only check in on this forum a few times a year.  A couple of times in winter to live vicariously when you are puking dendrites while we got freezing drizzle for 9 hours, and also the week before me and my family make our annual trip to Martha’s Vineyard.  Man, I just read through about 20 pages of absolute misery.  It sounds like this summer has been torture for many of you.  I am looking forward to 68/66 to provide some relief from our 97/83.  If we can squeeze out 4 days with sun I will be ecstatic.  What are the odds?  We will be on MV from 7/16-7-23.  Reversion to the mean has to kick in at some point, right?

Bring an umbrella for this weekend!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevin does run we know that but he does hide out in the AC we also know that. I think I have been inside like 25 minutes today . My AC is off

I only turn on the AC during absolutely oppressive heat and humidity.  Better for your immune system to build tolerances to heat and cold. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure folks are actually believing their hyperbole about how bad things are right now… But if they are, tomorrow’s going to be a complete shocker - predicated on the assumption that the last three or so cycles of the Nam run or actually correct…LOL

This FOUS T1 run supports a 2 m temperature of about 29°C with the dewpoint around 22 or 23°C probably 5 to 6 PM tomorrow late afternoon over all of metro west of eastern Massachusetts to Hartford to New York City.

Anyway 85/73 … then 90/73 Thurs 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not ever get caught 2 miles from home in a sudden thunderstorm . That was absolutely terrifying running under trees . So many close lightning strikes. Power is out . That was crazy . Still shaking. It was flash, instant sizzle 

Only storm in New England. How's that for luck?

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not ever get caught 2 miles from home in a sudden thunderstorm . That was absolutely terrifying running under trees . So many close lightning strikes. Power is out . That was crazy . Still shaking. It was flash, instant sizzle 

Should probably check the radar before you start your run.

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Should probably check the radar before you start your run.

When I left at 4:50 I looked one last time and it was a small downpour over Farmington. As I got about a mile into the run lightning started increasing and within minutes was constant.  I really wasn’t sure what to do. There were no houses where I was on route 74

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. The only folks that don’t think it’s humid are non exercise folks. And that’s not a knock on them not exercising. But the definition of humid is 60 or above. Anyone posting about grabbing jeans and sweatshirts when it’s 67/66 because they feel cold is drinking very heavily . You grab those types of things when it’s 61/40

As Kev channels Roosevelt D Roosevelt