Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

The dews and rains are getting to some folks. If it were Steiny people would complain about that.  Can't win.

Probably the lack of sun and warmth,  who gives a rats ass if the DP is 68 and the temp is 69 with east winds and heavy cloud cover. My pool is 68 degrees July flippin 13th. Should be 80 plus 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Probably the lack of sun and warmth,  who gives a rats ass if the DP is 68 and the temp is 69 with east winds and heavy cloud cover. My pool is 68 degrees July flippin 13th. Should be 80 plus 

This.  

It's starts to affect many people's moods.  It also limits how to entertain kids.

I am incredibly lucky to have family on Cape Cod but can you imagine spending hundreds per day to not have a single nice beach day?  Camping in this stuff sucks because your stuff never really dries out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

2009 was horrible right through June and July and didn't improve a bit until we got toward August. These 2 weeks have sucked, but we haven't reached that level of wretchedness yet.

Met summer with 23.82" RA, avg is 13.19".  Eight week stretch with only 7 rainless days and 17"+ RA, tomato plants rotting (6 main crop and 6 cherry, total crop 3 almost ripe cherry tomatoes) and neighbors had the same.  Town was replacing a bridge at the other end of our road so they fixed up the (formerly) unmaintained 3/4 mile to allow access for folks east of the brook.  August had far more sun than that June-July, but also 3 rain event that blew out the new material and cutting off those folks until the runoff ended and repairs could be made.  The summer of mold and mushrooms.

Edit: Got my obligatory sprinkles from today's system.

• Like 1

Always interesting to see the “no summer” meltdowns after the “no winter meltdowns” just a few months before. :D

To be honest I’m not a big HHH weather fan so I haven’t minded the lack of 90 degree days with 75 degree dew points … but I sympathize for those who enjoy the summer weather it hasn’t been great. Probably putting a dent in summer tourism as well at a time where these businesses need it the most.

My hope is family vacation in WI in late August is nice.   I’ve given up on this summer. OT but beautiful view from the waiting room/check in area in the surgery center of MEEI.  Overlooks the Charles- reminds me what a jewel this city is.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

My hope is family vacation in WI in late August is nice.   I’ve given up on this summer. OT but beautiful view from the waiting room/check in area in the surgery center of MEEI.  Overlooks the Charles- reminds me what a jewel this city is.   

Good luck with your surgery!

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Without a doubt.  I could see it being 3-4 degrees AN for a bunch of SNE, but not this week

I think the ship is sailing for a +3 to +4 AN July. We’re almost halfway through the month with these departures and standard deviations run low this time of year.