Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

Just now, butterfish55 said:

Same here. Had to run home to pump the pump in and get it down below the skimmer. What a summer!
c1b5b18f2e47f2153d0367d438ca1f3f.jpg

I have an in-ground, and admittedly know nothing about them. do I need to pump it out if it is above the filter? i mean it is high but never really cared...or thought about it before

I have an in-ground, and admittedly know nothing about them. do I need to pump it out if it is above the filter? i mean it is high but never really cared...or thought about it before
The filter cleans the water whether it's above the skimmer or not. But anything floating on the surface won't get picked up by the skimmer if the opening is covered. I also don't want the water to find a way behind the liner and the steel walls if it gets high enough.

At the end of the day, it's probably not the end of the world if it gets too high but that's just how I am

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice filled to the brim. Need a deck lol. Foundation looks good. Making those curves isn't easy.

I've had to drain the pool 3 times in the last week due to skimmer being submerged.  No Deck.  We have a Patio going in to tie from House to Pool.  There will be a small Deck behind Pool along tree line that will come off Patio,  Didn't realize until I zoomed in on those photos' how drenched it was.  Standing water everywhere.  What a mess.  Hopefully things will all be in place by end of September.

I've often thought of our regional geography as too serrated. It floods, but takes more than the dishpan flat Plains.

They get 3 or 4" overnight in an MCS activity, and they wake up with standing water in fields rolling out across roads, and flood warnings and so forth.  

If they get that over excessively than 1994's may happen, sure.    I think our region maintains hypostatic balance between hydro uptake and release rates, and higher levels because of the old geology having dales next to hills and stuff.   It'll flood in both regions, but it takes more here - speculative. 

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've often thought of our regional geography as too serrated. It floods, but takes more than the dishpan flat Plains.

They get 3 or 4" overnight in an MCS activity, and they wake up with standing water in fields rolling out across roads, and flood warnings and so forth.  

If they get that over excessively than 1994's may happen, sure.    I think our region maintains hypostatic balance between hydro uptake and release rates, and higher levels because of the old geology having dales next to hills and stuff.   It'll flood in both regions, but it takes more here - speculative. 

Everything is bankful .Our huge forests help immensely as well.

High is black 
[color code for] > 90th percentile
[color code for] 76th - 90th percentile
[color code for] 25th - 75th percentile
[color code for] 10th - 24th percentile
[color code for] < 10th percentile
[color code for] Low

real.gif

real (1).gif

01103500.png

graph.png

• Like 1

Again ..emphasizing the oddity of this pattern.

We don't normally observe heights rising over 590 and in fact eclipsing even 594 before reaching apex, on both the polar and equatorial side of a boundary. That's seldom going to be seen in 1900-1998 climo -

It's not so much the scalar altitude of that depth, it's that heights don't typically rise over cold air, period.   But this modeled behavior really is like a decoupled troposphere, with a different synoptic evolution taking place above the 700 mb - and then what we deal with going on below. 

I am willing to venture a guess - this is an under the radar weather phenomenon that is very rare. It just doesn't appeal to anyone's senses, so they don't know to look. You don't feel 594 heights under cast by 62 F temperatures.  99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of everyone just thinks it's a cool day. But that combination of metrics, I bet you that is a tough search to find that in history.  Not only that, but having heights that high on the polar side of warm front, too.   There's few aspects about this that seem almost like they can't happen - yet here we are. 

I think I figured it out though.  I was noticing when stepping back of the EPS mean/loop... Although there are those height rises over our vicinity and the M/A ..., there is an even greater height rise acceleration taking place over Ontario.  That acceleration up there amounts to confluence - whether that happens at a more typical 540 to 580 dimension, or is taking place near the top physical/plausible atmospheric heights is irrelevant.  You end up with a mass imbalance with surface pressure formulation, and then it's going to tuck S -

It's more an indictment of HC frankly. Because that outer rim of the amorphous termination into the westerlies is being caused to rise through a dimension that it doesn't normally rise through. The EPS anomalies are pretty hefty over N. Ontario - getting there happens rather abruptly yesterday into today as well.  If we are willing to root HC expansion into Climate Change, you could argue this is a hemispheric micro-scale example of how GW causes a counter-intuitive effect.