Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, should be some good rates moving into your hood very soon.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m almost double that.   2.2” 

finally tapering off but it has been pouring for hours. 

Woke up to over 1" in the tipper.  See what this batch brings.

Had the pleasure of getting my hands on Brick and Feather Beers this last month.  My local store made the trek out there and have been able to score some cases for resale.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1.18”

North Weymouth 1.18" so far..this is insane rain wise..monthly now 8.71" for us..easily reach the 9" or 9.50" today..never seen so much rain for the first half of any month..Been doing Coop and CoCorahs for many years. Yikes!

craig Goedecke , NWS Skywarn spotter./ #MACoCorahs observer,

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

North Weymouth 1.18" so far..this is insane rain wise..monthly now 8.71" for us..easily reach the 9" or 9.50" today..never seen so much rain for the first half of any month..Been doing Coop and CoCorahs for many years. Yikes!

craig Goedecke , NWS Skywarn spotter./ #MACoCorahs observer,

Yeah and he missed the storm I got about 11 days ago. I’m at 9.9” for month if I do the math right. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

This rainy July is my worst nightmare.  Back in May we tried to tell them this would be a rainy summer but they kept on and on about this Stein character. We buried him alive.

Agreed.  New pool has not been used minimally these last couple weeks.  Installed a month ago now.

2.thumb.jpg.42356150f5b5e5e3163eaf1268b8f76b.jpg

Sending torrents of sand down driveway now.

1.thumb.jpg.34689729ea3fce678e8603bc0a7de2ea.jpg

Lawn is lush green though

3.thumb.jpg.6537157dc309b9595203444d26a40a09.jpg

• Like 3

Estimating .4" in this last batch over the last 40 minutes. Crescent pelting on the streets with ample gutter wash. 

Area streams up here in N Middlesex haven't really responded to the hoopla.   Doesn't mean much to the local environment until that is so, and thus at least indirectly signals surplus.   Not sure how hydro offices calculate those metrics, but accordingly we are not in a deficit at this time, while it continues to rain prodigiously relative to climate. There is very little systemic flooding.  I suppose it is not a seamless transition from deficit to the consequence in surplus.  And meh at basements ..yes, in a few local regions that'll happen; it's beneath pervasive river response.  

I haven't actually heard of any demonstrative observation of that either.  It may be we near thresholds. 

I guess what it "comes down" to (haha), is that these anachronistic rain bursts in summer, they will continue to prime.  Then when a 6" -10" hurricane comes up that whole unstoppable series in serendipity culminates the sociopath's destructive lust in these social media forms - ...wow, what a delightfully poetic turn of phrase that was.  LOL.

Kidding but it's true .. Floods are like plain crashes.  Seldom does one thing bring a plane down ...  it's a series of unfortunate events that constructively interfere leading to the destruction of the time line ( so to speak..heh).  How ironic -   

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agreed.  New pool has not been used minimally these last couple weeks.  Installed a month ago now.

2.thumb.jpg.42356150f5b5e5e3163eaf1268b8f76b.jpg

Sending torrents of sand down driveway now.

1.thumb.jpg.34689729ea3fce678e8603bc0a7de2ea.jpg

Lawn is lush green though

3.thumb.jpg.6537157dc309b9595203444d26a40a09.jpg

Nice filled to the brim. Need a deck lol. Foundation looks good. Making those curves isn't easy.

No one cares but ...I couldn't be happier :)

My living room A.C. shit the bed and I cannot presently afford a new one.  I had a pretty whopping financial commitment to window replacements, ..whole house. Then, my refrigerator died 10 days later.  That same week, this A.C. unit goes?  

So, I'm pretty content for 68 F ...whether it is wet or dry, I don't care - keep it that way until I recover enough to replace this A.C.  Even though I am a fan man until it gets worse than the typical tolerance, I have been finding that this summer is breaching that upper threshold more frequently, in between these CC- hyper PWAT episodes when we are not being doused (eh hm).

SO, if one is of a neolithic mentality of totem spirits and consequence, they can blame me. I'm psyched.

Unfortunately, this probably won't last more than a couple days.  00z Euro has 70 to 80 across the area of Wednesday with the wind turning around and this BD air mass washing out. Then, Thu and Fri feature +15 to 17 C at 850 with a SW drift importing an endless supply DP stench.   yuck - probably won't be 90... but 88.4/76.7