• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

High of 79F and afternoon dew got down to 45!  Been a while since we’ve felt mid-40s dews on a warm sunny day.

Clear skies tonight and with the afternoon dews I bet we get 40s for a min.  That shouldn’t be noteworthy but these days in the growing Hadley Cell it is.

We still water up here in the desert.  Man is amazing for inventing this circular thing with forced water through it.  We can put humans on the moon and bring water to where it needs to be.

gardenhose.jpg.0ec4bce1f16af0760f0ec1b7b775ec04.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

High of 79F and afternoon dew got down to 45!  Been a while since we’ve felt mid-40s dews on a warm sunny day.

Clear skies tonight and with the afternoon dews I bet we get 40s for a min.  That shouldn’t be noteworthy but these days in the growing Hadley Cell it is.

We still water up here in the desert.  Man is amazing for inventing this circular thing with forced water through it.  We can put humans on the moon and bring water to where it needs to be.

gardenhose.jpg.0ec4bce1f16af0760f0ec1b7b775ec04.jpg

I’ve got hose in different area codes

• Haha 3

Did you guys here about this ?

Apparently large tracts if exposed mollusks around shore habitats along the Pacific coast were ‘cooked alive’ in that heat wave up there.  I mean I don’t know if that means headin out there with butter and garlic sauce exactly - it is CNN’s gaslighting headline machine but still     wow   kinda sorta maybe scary. I think I’ve heard of something like that happening somewhere before tho. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Can you imagine if a plume of that got sent east and inserted itself into one of these unusual non-hydrostatic bubbles ?

Everything will probably come together one of these days like it did for Portland and Seattle the end of June...breaking all-time heat records like it’s nbd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Did you guys here about this ?

Apparently large tracts if exposed mollusks around shore habitats along the Pacific coast were ‘cooked alive’ in that heat wave up there.  I mean I don’t know if that means headin out there with butter and garlic sauce exactly - it is CNN’s gaslighting headline machine but still     wow   kinda sorta maybe scary. I think I’ve heard of something like that happening somewhere before tho. 

There was a similar massive die off at Fishers recently, though probably not heat related. Piles of mussels on the beaches.

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Death Valley 129F today…so close to another 130+ in the record book. 

Last evening's news claimed 130, even adding "just 4° from tying the record."

Meanwhile the month's 2nd 40s minima this morning (touched 41 on the 5th) after last July not getting lower than 51.

11 hours ago, dendrite said:

Everything will probably come together one of these days like it did for Portland and Seattle the end of June...breaking all-time heat records like it’s nbd.

All the record breaking started in June...I mean, just overlay this pattern onto late July and August climatology.

:maphot: