Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The amount of water running out of hillsides , down driveways and just everywhere is unbelievable. There’s literally little rivers flowing out of stuff. Never have I seen that except maybe in that October back in the early 2000’s. 10.25” of rain in 9 days does that I guess

There is a zone across CCT and ECT to the Boston area that has received 12 to 14 inches of rain in 3 weeks. Amazing. Yea water is just pouring out of the hills.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is a zone across CCT and ECT to the Boston area that has received 12 to 14 inches of rain in 3 weeks. Amazing. Yea water is just pouring out of the hills.

That thunderstorm last night just put us over the top. Had another 1.16 from that in short order . Water table is at ground level . Hundreds and hundreds of homes here in town have flooded basements . Some of the FB stories and posts are wild at how fast it was coming in and still is in some cases 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That thunderstorm last night just put us over the top. Had another 1.16 from that in short order . Water table is at ground level . Hundreds and hundreds of homes here in town have flooded basements . Some of the FB stories and posts are wild at how fast it was coming in and still is in some cases 

Glad we live on a slanted hill and water flows downhill. No basement problems yet. Was a little damp but dehumidifiers are doing there job. 

9 hours ago, weathafella said:

Gonna finish AOA normal for July 

you could be right, in fact I could see it being within +/- 1 degree of normal. aside from BDL, I don’t see us being much above normal. I don’t see any crazy heat forecasted for BOS north for the next week or so. 

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Saw some Facebook posts in Fairfield County of homes with septic tanks backing up into the house. Yards were still completely under water this morning. 

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

From Memorial Day to Labor day we usually get a little more than 9.5" of rain in Boston. So far this summer we've already had 10". If it doesn't rain again this summer it will still be a wetter than normal. #wcvb

Just a personal observation:  This sort of phenomenon has become more common.  Regional longer duration norms in general meeting hydro quotas, in dramatically shorter time-spans, sometimes right down to the single event scale. 

Longer version imho's: We don't have to look too far in the past to see other examples of this.  1/3 or perhaps 1/2 of a seasonal snow fall total laid down in a single event from N of the Capital District (E NY), to central NH during during last December's mid month anomaly.  It is peculiar that the component parametrics of the overall atmospheric disturbance were not appreciably more forcing than the 'seasonal anomaly' - yet their gestalt was so extreme.   These sort of synergistic emergent phenomenon are both becoming more common, and are likely attributable to the changing climate. 

Primitive, early modeling sciences that created the frame-work for those early technologies in modeling suggested this - how climate change would impact.  But, in the 30 years of this ongoing challenge, the "dramatic event" aspect has been probably the most consistently reproducible portrait of how climate change imperils Humanity - and... all living biology on this planet - we really need to stop with the human-centricity in this discussion but, good luck...  Climate disruption is not expressed by "warmth" alone; it is the increasing frequency of short duration extremes, both of temperature and precipitation. 

Last December winter storm in central NE, this recent June's heat, and since, a single stalled frontal boundary along with weak over-sold and headlined Elsa managing to out-chore a whole season's maintenance in water ?  These are three in a countless array of examples popping off on Earth over recent decade(s); they certainly qualify as increasing frequency of short duration excessive anomalies. Time to tip hats to the climate models.

Big bombs have happened throughout the Millennia - that's just living in a dynamic system.  There are rogue events in all systems, whether those are happening in the seas, or in traffic-patterns that resulted in a Value jetting.  Every cause and effect in and including reality its self is based upon restoring forces. Physicist will tell us, it's all wave mechanics building upon wave mechanics - in practice and in principle. Constructive interference focuses wave mechanical energy; sometimes the opposite occurs, and become nothing, too.  

But the key here is that when there is systemic disruption, there is introducing additional wave mechanics, and that then increases the probability for new constructive interference results - thus augments the event quota.

The idea of "climate of catastrophes" being as observable as "warmth", is common knowledge to (say) 38% of human gray matter walking. 

Everyone else perhaps just lacks the dendritic neuro density of brain box to do so. Ha... half kidding by hate all people. Either way, they are dubious with computationally analysis about their reality, particularly when it comes to this sort of stuff. It almost does seem it is just too mentally untenable.  

That's bad. Because an interesting human failing is the human ego.  When people don't readily understand, they are not stupid, "it's cuz it's bullshit - yeah" Which then has an interesting result:  En masse, it constructively feeds-back in increasing their destructive behavior.  Now that is an interest species sucking on a proverbial pistol muzzle.  Popsicle headache yet?  I mean that's my goal here.   LOL

The common knowledge demographic could be as high as (say) 62 or even 71%, but the problem there is, those that make up that difference formulate their perspectives through moral dimming.  And that's the ball game. Hence why Humanity will ultimately die, taking along with it the virtue of it's genius.

Climate change is really kind of a bad PR label for a changing climate. It's really much less like CC, and more like SWT:  Shotgun Weather Threats. That should be the focus, no fuzzy obscurity terminologies of climate.  Climate doesn't come and get you sitting in your living room. 76 mph winds do. 

At the end of the years we sum them up, then divide by N terms,  and the climate hides the spraying bullets that did the damage.   Any +7  temperature averaged April, at a vastly more typical cold miserable misty hell like eastern Massachusetts' french kissing the Labradorian witch such that it circumstantially must every early spring, typically means it was 80 F more than a couple times - and that's when it really gets like the toad in the pan of of gradually heating water .. Because who the funk is gonna complain about that?  Oh my god, we're all going die in hammocks bathed by utopia weather'   

Although, to the hold-out late snow neurotics of American Weather Forums - yeah, that's clearly an apocalypse but that's another matter.

So why are we trying to impress a risk that hides in abstraction to either mentality that constituents that above majority?  The cause of 'warning' about climate was doomed to doubter vitriol all along. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why? We are all set for water for the rest of summer. Let's dry it out. Some people reported black spots on Tomatoes.  Luckily mine haven't started. I do love the deep green look all around. We need sun now. 10 of the last 11 days have seen rain. 7.88 this month. 34.78 on the year. Last year at this time I was at 22.10 YTD 

20210710_083446.jpg

Looks something like an equatorial rain forest.  :D
Water table should be all set there, but most garden plant roots live in the top 12" so they'll need some refreshers.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Looks something like an equatorial rain forest.  :D
Water table should be all set there, but most garden plant roots live in the top 12" so they'll need some refreshers.

Oh yea either an inch of water a week or I hose. Well water so no bill we water as needed.

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ll be down in the swamp there next week.  Heading down Monday evening I think.  Hoping it’s nice enough to get a couple rounds of golf in with the old man.

If 6Z Euro is eight timing might be good with late afternoon night showers Mon and Tuesday 

• Like 1

Maybe because I grew up swimming in cold ocean water and deep cold quarries but there is nothing better than a swim in 70 degree water after a day of yard work. That being said 70 July 10th is highly unusual. Water is so soft as well from all the heavy rain. Clouds now after an extended sunny afternoon.  Not a bad day at all.

• Like 2