Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

That happened to me with a liberty apple tree in one of those big October rain/wind storms a few years ago. There was nothing left to the root ball. I ended up ditching it, but it was dormant so it may have survived as a bare root.

The root ball is still attached so I’m just going to leave it and see what happens 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol we did that in June 16, normal trip took 3 hrs on a float water was so fast 45 minutes from Campground to parking area.

Where is this in E.CT?  Can you float it in a tube?  Is it a rafting spot?  A 3-hour float sounds pretty sweet.  Going to have to google some images of this place.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Where is this in E.CT?  Can you float it in a tube?  Is it a rafting spot?  A 3-hour float sounds pretty sweet.  Going to have to google some images of this place.

You can float lots of places. The quinnebaug from Jewett city to Preston RI is my favorite 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean lol. Great light show the last hour including a brief power outage 

9mpJrlt.png

That’s more rain in 24 hours than we’ve had in a month I think.  Awesome anti-Stein.  Enough water to last through next summer. You knew it was coming after a couple dry summers.  We don’t do drought well.

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Follow Rt 198 south through Woodstock and Eastford into Chaplin and Diana’s pool is on the left just before the Chaplin FD. I believe it’s the Natchaug River that flows behind the campgrounds in Eastford to Chaplin

• Like 1