Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Probably not in the absolute sense, but geesh  - what the atmosphere has to pull off to do once, and get everyone to grouse like it's all the time.

lol

That said, the poster's post isn't without merit, entirely...  I just as well leave on April 3 and not return until May 20 ( end time negotiable too ) every year if I had my druthers.   This is April today

Yea, my point wasn't "this happens every July," it was more in reference to the weeks of misery that happen every spring. And most especially in eastern NNE. Often times the BD front/wf can hang up right at the NH/MA border while areas to the NE of that are mired in the murk and shut out of the summer airmass.

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Did we Break Any Low Maximums Today :o:o:cory:

It truly would be Astounding after last week in this country.  

No ...I don't think so anyway ...oh wait maybe Boston. I thought they were 60 ...

Most likely if there were, it's not pervasive enough to give this scenario it's shit eating grin - it's zero redemption rectal plaque

Temperature forecast tomorrow is quite interesting say across western Connecticut. Models show nicely warming 850/925 temps during the mid-to-late afternoon with some drying of the column. NBM for DXR also wants to get high's close to 75. I think that is a bit too aggressive but I wonder if there is room to sneak enough sun mid-to-late afternoon to push temps from say 68-70 to 72-74 later in the day

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Temperature forecast tomorrow is quite interesting say across western Connecticut. Models show nicely warming 850/925 temps during the mid-to-late afternoon with some drying of the column. NBM for DXR also wants to get high's close to 75. I think that is a bit too aggressive but I wonder if there is room to sneak enough sun mid-to-late afternoon to push temps from say 68-70 to 72-74 later in the day

agreed -

been trying to advertise tomorrow as 'not as bad as the grouse tempo'   This morning there was a lot of hand waving/86ing of the whole weekend - ha. Today is unredeemable sure ...

It's almost a split in Boston, if this 18z NAM has any say. It's continued the trend to edge/inch the lower 700mb RH E, and now has ALB-LGA pretty much partly to mostly sunny by late afternoon. I think the present hi res vis loop shows how this is going to go. You can see it's breaking down out there in PA/NY where's we will be in relation to the filling vortex come sun up...  I suspect that partly cloudy is at least in the ORH Hills, and where I think it 76 F at 4:30 pm or thereabouts and probably above MOS...   This is only going to continue improving east through the evening. But the bigger aspect is no rain and dry roads and drying fields.  Should be okay I think.

'Sides, full disclosure ..I don't want it to be 88/72 on 4th of July. That's not fun standing around with paper plates in that heat with deer flies doing mobius loops around your head in backyard cook-outs. 

47 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Usually this is capped by conditional instability—when there’s a deep UL trough overhead. You reach the upper limit and pay for it in terms of clouds and showers later. It’s nature’s quid pro quo.

3 hours ago, TheSnowman said:

Did we Break Any Low Maximums Today :o:o:cory:

It truly would be Astounding after last week in this country.  

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No ...I don't think so anyway ...oh wait maybe Boston. I thought they were 60 ...

Most likely if there were, it's not pervasive enough to give this scenario it's shit eating grin - it's zero redemption rectal plaque

Many broke daily records. All-time monthly ones were mostly just short although BOS tied. Maybe they would’ve beaten it if they were running 1-2° cooler…

Highs so far…monthly record

ORH 57°…55°
BOS 60°…60°
CON 59°…55°
BDL 62°…60°
PVD 62°…60°
PWM 60°…54°

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gypsy Phil taking out trees near exit 17 I see. 

You mean the caterpillars? I did notice some defoliation through there, but I have yet to see a gypsy yet this year…that includes home and in CON. I’m not sure what else it could be.