Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I totally overlooked that aspect of your post. lol

Dews gone wild in summers these days. We're not touching some of those 1960s/70s records here for a long time (30s). I remember growing up with frequent 40s in the summer and now if it hits 48F just once it feels like a miracle.

Met summer rather than calendar, but Farmington co-op reached 27 last year on June 1, tying their coolest June morning, records back thru 1893.  That said, 21st century record minima are quite scarce; next most recent is the 39 on 8/20/2008.

33 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Getting any breaks?

His point is valid though - the models do tend toward pessimism in the summer ... I think in this case, however, that may be more demonstrative tomorrow.  We'll see - don't shoot me :)

Even today ( in a way..) ..we've had a couple of periods of day-glo-lamp brightening despite the cloudy skies with occasional drab rains.  Which btw, can't prove this but it may have been what prevented ORH the record - just that amount of very modest almost imperceptible heating.  Whatever it takes to make it less interesting huh - jeez

I mean this is only like this because of excessive moisture loading - really.  I mean, it's not a 55 F air mass, not by tropospheric thickness?  It's just preventative -

I'm digressing into another aspect I know, but this is really kind of like bootlegging a near historic cold high.  See, typical rainy cool profiled days in July should 65 ... so in that sense, it is an impressive cool anomaly, but really only by 10 degrees relative to butt-bang weather.   ha -... but you get my meanin'.   If it were partly sunny with a NW wind and it was 55 up on the hill, that would be more impressive - but that is probably something that can't happen.  Maybe in order to get any kind of < 55 day requires a butt load of NE flow and driving sheety mist under a 10K foot deep ceiling

12 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I just looked at the radar. Heavy heavy incoming from the south. That looks like it could rotate up to Worcester to Boston. 
57 in my back yard at the moment. Just awful.

If you look closely at the rad loop you get an impression of OE slipping underneath the advance of that plume, too -

like my god.

58 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

His point is valid though - the models do tend toward pessimism in the summer ... I think in this case, however, that may be more demonstrative tomorrow.  We'll see - don't shoot me :)

Even today ( in a way..) ..we've had a couple of periods of day-glo-lamp brightening despite the cloudy skies with occasional drab rains.  Which btw, can't prove this but it may have been what prevented ORH the record - just that amount of very modest almost imperceptible heating.  Whatever it takes to make it less interesting huh - jeez

I mean this is only like this because of excessive moisture loading - really.  I mean, it's not a 55 F air mass, not by tropospheric thickness?  It's just preventative -

I'm digressing into another aspect I know, but this is really kind of like bootlegging a near historic cold high.  See, typical rainy cool profiled days in July should 65 ... so in that sense, it is an impressive cool anomaly, but really only by 10 degrees relative to butt-bang weather.   ha -... but you get my meanin'.   If it were partly sunny with a NW wind and it was 55 up on the hill, that would be more impressive - but that is probably something that can't happen.  Maybe in order to get any kind of < 55 day requires a butt load of NE flow and driving sheety mist under a 10K foot deep ceiling

Orh got above 61?

"The low temperature records for the day to beat on Saturday are: 61 in Boston, Hartford, and Worcester, and 60 in Providence, all of them set in 1914"

Last weekend in Chicagoland-nearing 90 today with full sun.  Heading out Monday and plan to be home Tuesday evening.   Intense 6 weeks but we’re thankful we could help my FIL in the final weeks of his life-counting FL we’ll have booked 3.5 months together since I retired from full time work 9 months ago.

• Like 1

Things like this debacle are exactly why I had to get out of new england. It just wears you down after enough time. Even July isn't safe from these type of disasters. IZG currently sitting at 55, egads. I've also noticed the aforementioned trend this year of the score having to be vindictively settled after a round of impressive heat. I haven't been keeping close tabs on the pacific NW, but I wonder if they've had to/will pay in a similar way after that historic run they just had?

Back in AZ now and I'll take our 103/83 over that 58/55 misery any day.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Crushed at Naukabout Brewery in Mashapee

My son's guitar teacher is playing there from 5 to 8.  Tell Dan that I (Matt) said hi if you're still there

At York Beach for the week.  Dry all day today, just miserable cold and windy.  Lots of people without much to do

Just now, Saguaro said:

Things like this debacle are exactly why I had to get out of new england. It just wears you down after enough time. Even July isn't safe from these type of disasters. IZG currently sitting at 55, egads. I've also noticed the aforementioned trend this year of the score having to be vindictively settled after a round of impressive heat. I haven't been keeping close tabs on the pacific NW, but I wonder if they've had to/will pay in a similar way after that historic run they just had?

Back in AZ now and I'll take our 103/83 over that 58/55 misery any day.

To be fair today may well tie the monthly low high temp at Boston and 3rd place at ORH, so it's not like this happens often.   Summer in New England is basically gold.  4/1-5/15 or 10/15-12/1 are the trying times IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radarman said:

To be fair today may well tie the monthly low high temp at Boston and 3rd place at ORH, so it's not like this happens often.   Summer in New England is basically gold.  4/1-5/15 or 10/15-12/1 are the trying times IMO

Yeah this is unusual. Look at all the warm summers we have had. Near record warm June in many spots too. Back to 90s Tuesday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, radarman said:

Point taken, it's not a regular occurrence in July but it still happened a handful of times during my years in NNE. Your 4/1 to 5/15 misery window, I would have to change the 5/15 to 6/20 or thereabouts on the coastal plain (south of the mountains) of NNE. SNE escapes it a lot better most of the time.

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah this is unusual. Look at all the warm summers we have had. Near record warm June in many spots too. Back to 90s Tuesday.

This happened BECAUSE of the heat - namely and more precisely, the exotic SD ridge anomaly in lower BC and Manitoba caused the heights to unusually plumb S through the eastern Lakes - that out there drove this... ?

that out there was a 1:200 year deal ( supposedly ..) so it's almost quasi logical to say ... this was also that rare.  Probably not in the absolute sense, but geesh  - what the atmosphere has to pull off to do once, and get everyone to grouse like it's all the time.

lol

That said, the poster's post isn't without merit, entirely...  I just as well leave on April 3 and not return until May 20 ( end time negotiable too ) every year if I had my druthers.   This is April today